Top 100 Songs Part 7 | Teen Ink

Top 100 Songs Part 7

By theheavymetalist ELITE, Winter Haven, Florida
theheavymetalist ELITE, Winter Haven, Florida

Take me As I Am - James Labrie of Dream Theater

40, Endless Forms Most Beautiful-Nightwish, what is now offically going to be my biggest inspiration for most of the poems I'll right(yes, I actually do write poems now)this song starts with a catchy orchestral intro. Being the title track to the bands 2015 album, this is a Most Beautiful piece.

39, Count of Tuscany-Dream Theater, the epic of their 2009 album Black Clouds and Silver Linings, this is a great finale and has that show all the way through. 19:20, is the length of the multi-emotional track. From the intro that takes five minutes to the heavy refrain to Rudess taking you to space and the grand finale. You will be lost on this beautiful journey.

38, Elastic-Meshuggah, the epic to the album Chaosphere and a very, shall I say, haunting one at that. The first part is like "Another day in the office" for Meshuggah. Then for the next five minutes it all goes to static adding layers of apocalyptic atmosphere. We then reach the final stretch of the song which is literally a mash-up of all the previous tracks, see if you can pick out any of the other ones.

37, The Elder-Blind Guardian, out of the epics, we go into the most somber Blind Guardian song to date. Coming off of Nightfall In Middle Earth, it exemplifies all the hobbiters mourning over Gandalf's death(or that's the way I see it). I dare you to listen to this song and not feel at least a little sad, it's impossible.

36, Black Rose Immortal-Opeth, the longest Opeth song to date at just over 20 minutes. Being the third track of Morningrise, it will be brutally beautiful. Yeah, you may know the track To Bid You Farewell a tad bit better, but because this is an epic, I think this is much better.

35, Different Sense-Dir En Grey, going into J-Metal territory, Different Sense is the enevitable single off of Dum Spiro Spero and a good one at that. The vocals can go all over the place, from brutal, death metal voacals, to screaming black metal, to his own normal voice. The rest of the instruments also compliment this style as well. As if Japan couldn't get any better.

34, Ever Dream-Nightwish, from Century Child, this is a beautiful track and man, does it have an impact. Tarja may not use her opera styles too often, but when she does, you can feel the emotion just as well as the music can paint it for you. Also, i'm listening to this song right now, as we speak.

33, YGS# 99/The Megarap-Jacksfims, why not be a bit random? Jacksfilms is a comedy channel on YouTube with such series as this where he corrects and mocks peoples use of the English language. This "Megarap" idea came from the series about to end and the previous YGS raps(in fact every line he says comes from every rap episode prior, even the refrains). In the video, he progressively gets more sweaty as well and he seems to have alot of fun too.

32, Elan-Nightwish, yet another Nightwish song to make it into this part alone. Can you blame me? I love these guys! Elan is the single that for many people is a hit or miss on the album(as well as the album its self). Including folk instruments, topics of plants and nature, like the rest of the album, and Floor Jansen at the helm of this one.

31, Children of Decadence-Children of Bodom, Finnish power metal is the only term for this. With about as epic and catchy of a riff as the one in Blind Guardian's The Curse of Feanor. A fun song to listen to and one of the longer ones from Follow The Reaper as well. Expect to have a good time with this song.

It's been a while since my last part, I'm back and ready for action for the last few parts of this colossal list.