Top 100 Songs Part 9 | Teen Ink

Top 100 Songs Part 9

June 19, 2015
By theheavymetalist ELITE, Winter Haven, Florida
theheavymetalist ELITE, Winter Haven, Florida
247 articles 0 photos 57 comments

Favorite Quote:
Take me As I Am - James Labrie of Dream Theater


20, Thurisas Dreaming-Enslaved, the first track from Enslaved's In Times. This has a light of day, day of darkness setting to it as in, it goes from shrieks to cleans very easily. You may also notice the eight minute length which makes it a suprising mark. Then again, no track in the album is shorter than eight minutes.

19, Slave-Leprous, from the album The Congregation, this starts with an eerily familiar riff that I swear I've heard elsewhere. It then goes into Avant Garde bliss. Also, this was from 2015, I think this is a running theme somehow.

18, Seventh Son of a Seventh Son-Iron Maiden, the fifth track and epic from Iron Maiden's 1988 concept album of the same name. Consisting of what seems to be three separate sections, this is a song that will never grow older with age. Speaking of which, Iron Maiden will have a new album this year after five years.

17, One-Metallica, speaking of untimely classics, enter Metallica. I would think it's safe to say you aren't a true fan if you've never experienced anything from the fourth track of And Justice For all. Set up like a ballad, the music constanly escalates to be a true masterpiece. Oh how their music can't get better.

16, Crimson I and II-Edge of Sanity, the Swedish progressive metal band has its perks. While I do prefer Crimson over the second one, you can't be left without both of them in the same spot, it's uncanny. Both are well over 40 minutes in length and are the entire album, with story elements. I have reviewed them both as well in full detail.

15, Echoes of Battle-Caladan Brood, on the topic of epics, we continue that trend with a little song called Echoes of Battle which is the title track mind you. While it isn't the most epic track, that'll be Book of The Fallen, it is one of the most memorable to me. Oklahoma has something to look for with these fantasy music nerds.

14, The Sky Moves Sideways-Porcupine Tree, the 18 minute track makes here next on our list. Having more of an atmospheric vibe, like Pink Floyd, that can really soothe the soul of any recuring thing that you experiance in your everyday life. If you need something to help you relax, this is a great track to play if need be.

13, Revolution-Kamelot, my favorite track from Haven, their newest album, is also the second to last track and one of two that includes Arch Enemy's Alissa White-Gluz and pulls her part off pretty well might I add. She transitions from the refrain to the chorus screaming the song's title and has her own solo in the middle of the song. This isn't Liar Liar, this is Revolution.

12, The Bards Song-Blind Guardian, arguably their most popular track ever. This is more of a folky sounding acoustic guitar with Hansi Krutch's vocals taking up the rest. Technically there are multiple versions of this like In the Forest and The Hobbit. It was also released as a single soon after Somewhere Fat Beyond as well.

11, Painkiller-Judas Priest, much like with Seventh Son and Iron Maiden, this is the track that left the biggest legecy for Priest and the fans. The title track and first track from 1990, right before the Tim 'Ripper' Owens era that is often forgotten if anything. It is fast, heavy, and full of energy. This is my favorite Judas Priest track by the way.

For the final part, we are left with the final ten. Get ready for the grand finale for a project that lasted nearly a year and counting. See you guys there.


The author's comments:

It's almost over guys. Wait for it.