How I Truly Feel About Colleen Hoover | Teen Ink

How I Truly Feel About Colleen Hoover

September 14, 2022
By nduback BRONZE, Torrington, Connecticut
nduback BRONZE, Torrington, Connecticut
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Colleen Hoover has recently become a super popular author among Gen-Z, but I personally question why. Her name is seen all over social media; Tik Tok, Snapchat, Instagram, you name it. Her most well known novel is "It Ends With Us," with it's sequel "It Starts With Us," coming out October 18th (2022.) She also has other popular novels such as November 9, Ugly Love, Verity, and more. 

The first Colleen Hoover book I read was November 9, because I don't enjoy giving into trends. All I can really say is I hated the book. The majority of the plot was okay for the first half and I will say I was able to get into it quite quickly. At some point though it just started to become very unrealistic. When I finished the book, I kind of just sat there and thought about if I actually liked the book or not. My first thought was, "What kind of plot twist is that?" which is something CoHo is known for. But to my mind, it wasn't worth the hype. 

I went about three weeks after finishing November 9 and reading some other books in the mean time, and then decided I'm going to give CoHo another try and attempt to read It Ends With Us. I will admit it was much better than November 9 but it still just isn't what I'm looking for when I want to read a heartfelt romance book. From reading just two of her books, I could already see the trend people talk about in her novels. It goes from happy couple to huge plot twist to an ending that would never happen in real life. 


The author's comments:

This is just opinionated and I obviously have nothing against Colleen Hoover.