World Foolishness Day is everyday, 365 days a year. | Teen Ink

World Foolishness Day is everyday, 365 days a year.

October 28, 2009
By Impractically.Yours SILVER, Pasadena, California
Impractically.Yours SILVER, Pasadena, California
8 articles 0 photos 16 comments

Favorite Quote:
The unspoken word doth no harm.
Kossuth


When I turned 13, I recognized it as the happiest day of my life. Some people wish they had never grown up, but I wish it with all my life. Perhaps it is because I am young, or perhaps it is because I am foolish. When I was 11 and 12 it seemed like my life was a living hell, full of ‘do’ and ‘don’t’ and long lectures. I wasn’t a bad person, and still am not, but I guess that isn’t for me to say, is it? I want to grow up and travel the world then live quietly in a slow city, and die without leaving a legacy. My best friend, Mia, says that I am crazy. She wants fame and fortune and she when she turns 28 she does not want to grow a day older. Life is complicated, short and sweet. I do not wish to waste mine, nor try to end it with a bang, jumping off a famous bridge surrounded by reporters, or shoot myself in the mouth in front of the Pope. You hear of many people jumping of bridges or over-dosing with drugs, those deaths sound foolish to me, if you want to die like that you might as well open a manhole in the middle of times square and jump in. Life makes perfect sense, and then is doesn’t quite make any sense at all. Have you heard of ‘Balloon Boy’? He and his family decided, quite foolishly, to spring a media stunt. Whatever possessed them to make that choice, I really don’t know nor do I care to know. Why would people do foolish things? What makes them make that choice?
Have you heard of the ‘Octomom’? Or what about those fellows who stole the Cal Ripken, Jr. statue? Or the Philadelphia Phillies world series rings? Or the boy who brought a multi-useable utensil to school the then got expelled and then reinstated?
Some are mistakes, some are attention, like Fred on Youtube. I’ll never quite fully understand these things. Why do people want attention? So the world can keep track of them? So everyone knows you named your baby Apple? I wish I was grown up, and when I say grown up I mean older than I am now. And so ends my tirade on the foolishness of life. I hope it wasn’t too boring. I know you may think it completely incoherent, but I think it rings of truth, and a little craze.

Impractically.Yours


The author's comments:
I hope I'm not too insolent and that other people share at least some of my views. Please tell me what you think, and give your honest opinion.

Impractically.Yours