World Foolishness Day is everyday, 365 days a year. | Teen Ink

World Foolishness Day is everyday, 365 days a year.

By Impractically.Yours SILVER, Pasadena, California
Impractically.Yours SILVER, Pasadena, California

The unspoken word doth no harm.
Kossuth

When I turned 13, I recognized it as the happiest day of my life. Some people wish they had never grown up, but I wish it with all my life. Perhaps it is because I am young, or perhaps it is because I am foolish. When I was 11 and 12 it seemed like my life was a living hell, full of ‘do’ and ‘don’t’ and long lectures. I wasn’t a bad person, and still am not, but I guess that isn’t for me to say, is it? I want to grow up and travel the world then live quietly in a slow city, and die without leaving a legacy. My best friend, Mia, says that I am crazy. She wants fame and fortune and she when she turns 28 she does not want to grow a day older. Life is complicated, short and sweet. I do not wish to waste mine, nor try to end it with a bang, jumping off a famous bridge surrounded by reporters, or shoot myself in the mouth in front of the Pope. You hear of many people jumping of bridges or over-dosing with drugs, those deaths sound foolish to me, if you want to die like that you might as well open a manhole in the middle of times square and jump in. Life makes perfect sense, and then is doesn’t quite make any sense at all. Have you heard of ‘Balloon Boy’? He and his family decided, quite foolishly, to spring a media stunt. Whatever possessed them to make that choice, I really don’t know nor do I care to know. Why would people do foolish things? What makes them make that choice?
Have you heard of the ‘Octomom’? Or what about those fellows who stole the Cal Ripken, Jr. statue? Or the Philadelphia Phillies world series rings? Or the boy who brought a multi-useable utensil to school the then got expelled and then reinstated?
Some are mistakes, some are attention, like Fred on Youtube. I’ll never quite fully understand these things. Why do people want attention? So the world can keep track of them? So everyone knows you named your baby Apple? I wish I was grown up, and when I say grown up I mean older than I am now. And so ends my tirade on the foolishness of life. I hope it wasn’t too boring. I know you may think it completely incoherent, but I think it rings of truth, and a little craze.

Impractically.Yours

I hope I'm not too insolent and that other people share at least some of my views. Please tell me what you think, and give your honest opinion.

Impractically.Yours

AngelicaM BRONZE, Warren, Michigan
Lovely, honest, and accurate aritcle.

magic-esi PLATINUM, Hyde Park, New York

"The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one."
"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the light."

It's very true. The only thing is that I try to enjoy every moment of my life, not wait to grow up. Youth is good, too. But people who want to stay young their whole lives are foolish, like you said. Great article and good point!

Eduardo Pinsinta, San Gabriel, California
This is a really cool article, mostly because I agree with exactly the same things.

The last sentence was really cool!

Keep writing I would love to hear more!

I would love to see this on the front page! 5/5!

The unspoken word doth no harm.
Kossuth

Thanks Everyone! I wrote this on a whim, an impulse! Impartial2Chocolate, do you mean America has its GOOD moments?

No_Excuses,

I love your picture!

Impartial2Chocolate, Marigold, California
Hmm, I think America and the world in general has its moments, too... I don't think we should overlook that! And Yes, you've done a wonderful job portraying that.

Like the person with the same picture as yours says,

it definitely rings of truth!!

Great writing job!

Lady Pie said...
Lady Pie, Marigold, California
Whoa! I absolutely love this. The word incoherent is absolutely amazing in your article. I love your work and look forward to much, much more... never ever stop writing I love this!

P.S. I totally agree!!!

No_Excuses said...
No_Excuses, San Puentes, California
haha, our pictures match! how seriously cool is that?

No_Excuses said...
No_Excuses, San Puentes, California
How true. I love how you say -- "but I think it rings of truth", because it definitely does!

People do really dumb stuff just to get attention, like Jay Z interrupted Taylor Swift's awards speech, did she deserve that? I'll never understand fully the places the human mind will go to convince itself that foolishness is a thing of the past and that it is the norm. Hopefully this turns out to be another fad, or phase... hopefully.

<3 4Eva,

Moi