Weeaboo's | Teen Ink

Weeaboo's

By Middle SILVER, Wilmington, Delaware
Middle SILVER, Wilmington, Delaware

"If they do not now accept our terms, they may expect a rain of ruin from the air the likes of which has never been seen on this earth." -President Truman

Weeaboo’s call themselves the otakus of the Japanese culture. They are obnoxious, obsessive, and will freak out at the mention of anime or Japan itself. They make the actual otakus look bad and give society a negative veiw of the Asain island.

A weeaboo is a person who believes Japan is supreme to every other country. They love anything Japanese-related and will talk about anime for hours. They’re the ones who say ‘anime is my life’ or ‘I can’t live without anime!’ They add the words ‘desu’ to the end of their sentences or call things ‘kawaii’ (Japanese for cute). They add ‘-chan’ or ‘-kun’ to peoples names and prononce the name in the most Japanese way possible.

An otaku is a closet-nerd who will not openly admit they like anime. They aren’t obsessed with Japan like the weeaboo’s. I watch anime for a hobby but if asked, I’ll deny it. I don’t want people to know. It’s an embarrassment. Otakus are the ones who share this embarrassment; we don’t like talking about it. The reason is mainly because weeaboo’s have made society look down on anime so much that we don’t want anything to do with it.

There’s a clear difference between someone who’s crazy for Japan and someone who doesn’t want to be in the fandom. Now, in today, the weeb’s mistake themselves for an otaku and go around telling everyone that they are one. Today, the real otaku will not tell you they are one. It is an extremely annoying problem. I can’t even mention anime to friends without them calling me a weeaboo.

In my opinion, weeaboo’s are hurting the community. They’re offensive to actual Japanese people by acting like they know everything about Japan. They make anime, manga and all that look like a weird phase for middle schoolers. The people who work hard to survive by feeding this plague no longer get the credit they should. Otakus are looked-down on. The weeaboo’s are the only ones happy in their own world, producing negativity blindly.

Weeaboo’s call themselves the otakus of the Japanese culture when they seriously aren’t. They’re in love with Japan and make the country look bad. This is a problem. This is a problem I need weeb’s to realize and stop with their obnoxious Japanese-obsession. They make the anime producers, manga writers and otaku nerds looked down upon mainly because they believe Japan is better than everything else. In my opinion and the opinion of otakus, this needs to stop.

Weeaboo's

LocalWeaboo said...
LocalWeaboo,

Highschoolsucks

I have my anime body pillow with my Waifu's and my Katana collection you Baka I am going to use my naruto techniques to beat you I am japanese and japan is superior to america