CRAZY CRAZY HAIR | Teen Ink

CRAZY CRAZY HAIR

By Michelle Cortes BRONZE, Berwyn, Illinois
Michelle Cortes BRONZE, Berwyn, Illinois

Every girl has their hair different and they have different hairstyles. Straight or curly hair. Hair is hair. Except mine. It doesn't make up its mind. On the roots my hair is straight and very, very frizzy, but when it comes to the middle and the ends it starts to get curly.
The only time my hair looks nice is when I put chemicals in it. Other than that it's just a big puffy bird's nest. The gel calms it down and the mousse helps it stay cute and curly. But other that that, it sucks. I hate having to keep buying all these hair products. They get so expensive for something like a small bottle of like hairspray and like anti-frizz cream. It is all a waste of money. I rather have my hair frizzy and curly then waste my money on these products.
I hate girls that have like jet straight hair that all they have to do is wake up and go. You can just leave it there and you will look good. It always looks good. You don't have to waste you money on the hair products because the hair is already styled. My hair you HAVE TO add chemicals. Like it is obligated to add them for the hair to look nice and pretty.
Yet, it does have its day's where I can actually just wakeup and go but its like two days out of the month that it happens. But that's because when I shower I have to leave the conditioner in it for a while then I rinse. 'Curly hair has character.' People have told me, 'Straight hair is boring, why would you want it? You can't do anything with it because all it does is fall back out.' But honestly it just looks so pretty when it's down and straight and so, so easy to maintain nicely.
A poodle, yes that's right a poodle dog. That's what my hair reminds me of, curly and puffy. I don't even like poodles to begin with. I think they are the ugliest breed of dog ever!
Sooner or later I will learn to love my hair, but not at this moment. It cannot live without gel, mousse or hairspray. Soon, soon but not too soon. Darn hair!

Proudheart PLATINUM, Evansville, Wisconsin

"If you are going through Hell, keep going." -Winston Churchill

You say that you hate girls with straight hair, but most of them have to straighten it in order for it to look that way. It is easier to take care of but you don't just 'get up and go' as you stated.

WOW!!!! You are so riiiight! I have wurly hair that is so hard to take care of. I SO feel for you!;)