The Younger Sibling | Teen Ink

The Younger Sibling

May 13, 2009
By Taylor Bellville BRONZE, Bellaire, Ohio
Taylor Bellville BRONZE, Bellaire, Ohio
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Do you ever have those days where you just wish you were an only child? Now don’t get me wrong I love my little brother, but he really has a way of getting on your last nerve.

He is a wonderful behaved kid, or at least my parents think so. He’s sneaky, rude, and has a huge smart mouth. The truth is he only is like that when my parents aren’t around.

My Parents are always telling me to act like am adult or to be the bigger person, or if I ignore him he will stop, but he never does. Sometimes I am even the one who gets in trouble. Perfect example is when he smacked me in the back and I yelled at him to stop. Still not really sure how but I was the one that got into trouble because I yelled. Don’t really make sense to me but I am pretty used to it. That’s how it works he is the bad one and I am the one always getting blamed.

The thing that aggravates me the most is when he does something and my parent’s laugh. I hate that. Then they say he was just joking. I know everyone with a younger sibling has the same problem. So I Guess I just have to suck it up and deal with it.