2022 Educator of the Year : Miss Indu | Teen Ink

2022 Educator of the Year : Miss Indu

By Jyothis PLATINUM, Ernakulam, Other
Jyothis PLATINUM, Ernakulam, Other

When hearts speak of gratitude,words lose their significance. When love takes up the mic of life,the only voice that rings in each heart would be love, love and love......

Some teachers just teach you the technicalities of the subject. But probably after twenty years you won't even remember their names. There are certain other teachers who teach you to fall in love with the subject ; to put your heart and soul in the process of learning. One such special person is Indu ma'am. She was my Math teacher in ninth grade. As a kid, Math was always a weak area for me. Being a student who performed quite brightly in other subjects, I was always sad that I couldn't do well in Math. There were days when I'd cried before the Lord and hoped for a miracle. Maybe God had sent Indu ma'am to create a miracle in my life.

If you were to ask me what was so special and unique about her teaching, I would say it's something beyond the theoretical knowledge she possessed. There was magic in her approach. After solving each problem,she would come up to each one of us and have a friendly talk. By this way, she was able to develop a personal rapport with each student. She was strong in her concept, had clarity in thoughts, was friendly in approach and was also calm in appearance. Slowly the love and respect I'd developed for her made me fall for the beauty of the subject. Once I started loving Math,the whole journey of learning seemed a different yet remarkable experience. 

My progress reports showed a drastic change. A person who scored average marks started scoring full marks. I would say it was the result of heavenly blessings and tearful prayers of my parents but most importantly the belief of a teacher that her pupil can crack the complex aspects of the subject. Apart from being my Math teacher, she was also my class teacher that year. I can say happily that while I was around her I had that homely feeling  of being with my mother. She had made our classroom a sweet little home where all of us shared and cared for each other. To say in just one line, she was the first teacher who touched my heart with her love and affection...

Ninth grade was a memorable year for it was the first year with a favorite teacher...