Inside the world of education | Teen Ink

Inside the world of education

By Teawanna Teal BRONZE, West Palm Beach, Florida
Teawanna Teal BRONZE, West Palm Beach, Florida

Writer George Bernard Shaw once said, “I am not a teacher; only a fellow traveler of whom you asked the way. I pointed ahead-ahead of myself as well as of you.” teachers should be willing and ready to educate students. Your mind is terrible things to waste, so why not fill it with knowledge that could be used?
According to infoplease.com, only about one-third of students who enter high school obtains a diploma and completes the necessary course work to meet college entry requirements. This means that some students really take education seriously. Education has made a tremendous difference in my life. I am smarter, wiser and can do a lot of things threw Christ who strengthens me. School means everything to me, but graduating means more. It makes me feel good about myself, knowing that I have accomplished something great.

Without education my life would be a down fall, not knowing how to read, write or spell. Those things are important in my everyday life and education is the only way to learn them all. To maintain a high standard in my life I need some type of knowledge. By me being educated, I can prepare my future for whatever life brings me. In the future I will be able to hold a good job and have great wealth because of the education I have.

Having an education makes me feel smart, confident, eager and ready to teach others what I know. By helping someone get to a level of education where I am makes the world one step closer to getting better. Education means the world to me and it’s sad to say that others are still clueless about what education really is and what it is for. I find it very unique when I can have a conversation with someone who doesn’t know anything but by the time we are through, he/she is well educated on whatever topic we discussed.

American education is some what the same as other countries. In other countries the students all have some type of tests to take in order for them to pass a class. Black students have the lowest mean score on each portion of the SAT or some sort of tests. According to nces.ed.gov. American education has the same learning tools as other countries. The United States students learn on levels that require attention for better understanding. English is a kind of language that people either use or it is taught to students as a foreign language.

In Japan some students commit suicide if they fail an exam and in America some students only get upset and take it out on others in a violent way. Education is a source of information created here for others to take in heave and use it but some are up under too much pressure to do so. To contrast America from other countries, I can say that here the educational system is different from others but in a way the same. In America the teachers try not to force education on a student, but lead us in the right direction to it. We don’t do outrageous things to prove that our educational system is superior.

According to jref.com, I read that in the Japanese world teachers follow almost exactly the curriculum and use only official books, while in America, teachers use any book or material they want or more often write their own lesson planes. This enables the students to learn different things and in different ways as to all the teachers teaching the same thing in different classes. By a teacher using a lesson plan in my class it makes it much easier for everyone to learn. Students perform their tasks by the teacher following the lesson plan in chronological order. In Japan the students only get taught what the teacher think is best. Most of the time Japanese students are taking nothing but tests, quizzes or final exams.

What do I plan to do in five years? I plan to be living in Atlanta Georgia where the peaches are sweet and the air refreshing. I would like to own a dog, my own house and a beautiful black Lexus with rims. My husband would be a successful football player and my children would be going to the best schools in Atlanta Georgia. While living my good life I want to be a full time journalists and a part time dental assistant. The reason I choose these successful careers are because they pay good money in each area, and by me taking up journalism now in high school this will prepare me for collage and when I succeed in the real world. I plan to live in Atlanta Georgia because that where all the famous super stars are and all the excitement. Atlanta is also a good place to start my family. By me having a good education it will enhance the ability of my household to manage health problems, improve nutrition and childcare. Someone has to be smart in the family to make good decisions and good plans for the future.

Dr. Napolen Hill once said, “Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, the mind can achieve.” That statement goes for me and everyone else who has career goals in mind. My career goal is to graduate from collage with an outstanding degree in journalism and then off to make millions. Journalism means a lot to me and it means a lot to me to learn some things that I don’t already know. Graduating from collage means that I made it to the next level of my life, my goals has been accomplished. I have followed my goals into becoming who I really wanted to be and my education took me far. I have to go through the process of hard work and dedication to myself and others, face some hard obstacles and attitudes daily from ones I may not even know. Whatever life brings me, I plan to take it on strong with power in mind. Goals are important to me but set goals are even much more important.

“Education is the process of casting false pearls before real swine,” Prof. Irwin Edman once said. Tracy Tallman, Inlet Grove’s Journalism Academy teacher helped blind students see. Journalism may not have that much to do with math, but it has a lot to do with me and the real world. Before I came in ms.Tallman’s class, I knew very little about the subject she teaches. She taught me how to spell words I couldn’t once before, check incorrect grammar, give me challenging questions to answer and prepare me for my future endeavors. High school teaches me to be willing and ready to go forth in life; it teaches me how to inspire others to keep striving in school, not stooping behind in old tracks. High school taught me to love others; participate in class even though sometimes I don’t won’t to, go the extra mile that’s not expected of me and succeed without any further ado.

I admire journalism because it gives me room to breath, time to think and a reason to explore new things. My career is based on my life style, open and free. I have fun in career and that’s what it’s about. Since I was young I love to write but reading has always been my weakness. Even though I have some things may seem as they are in my way, I continue to press on and show my self as a talented, gifted journalists. Inlet grove teachers always try their best to teach the most up to date lessons in a fun way to help me in my future. Things like algebra and health science are things that could be useful not only for me in the future but for others also. Some teachers in high school take the time out to even teach me about how to manage my money, always stay up dated with the news and always do more than you are expected. My high school education is setting up a new me for the real world so I won’t have to go through life not knowing. My high school education is teaching me how to be independent and not depend on other.

I plan to use my education to help others by teaching them something’s that I already know, showing them the career that I chose is fun. I can teach them a lot of things that they may not know or put our knowledge together and learn more. Learning is fun and an easy way to succeed. A quiet environment also makes learning better because I can comprehend and understand better. According America’s promise.org, these things would result from having quality learning environments, challenging expectations and consistent guidance and mentoring.

Education impacts our society by drawing others in. education makes you want to learn and seeing others that are smart and has much wisdom makes you want to join also. Our society today needs humans whom have some sort of brain power and knowledge. Being smart makes the world go around. You live better and can teach others what you already know. Daniel J. Boorstin once said, “Education is learning what you didn’t even know you didn’t know.” While sitting in class and being taught a lesson, I never knew that I am learning the things that I do already know. By me not really putting my all into learning something new on my own then I guess that’s why I am clueless when something new gets thrown at me. I feel confident when I am able to actually sit down in a desk and take a quiz, test or an exam and pass with flying colors, knowing that I just learned something new and now I can apply myself by taking the test to know if I was listening. Education is like food that I eat every day. I have to have food and I have to have education where ever I go. In the society today more and more students are dropping out of school because they can’t handle the pressure from teachers, work and peers but little do they know is that, that little bit of pressure will assure better days and a brighter future.

Writing about education made me realize how much education really means to me. I even quoted some famous quotes related to education. When a younger child reads the entire article or even a little maybe they can understand what education really means and how much it is important.

facey1314 said...
facey1314, Sharjah, California

"people don't judge you by your thoughts, but by your actions"

This is one of the best articles i've ever read, good going i agree with 101% and I myself as well wanted to acheive a successful career as a journalist. Wonderful article!!

EmmaNemma GOLD said...
EmmaNemma GOLD, The Shire, Vermont

If you think you are a hypochondriac by definition aren't you?

I can see your point but I believe that learning should be for fun and that your career choice should be something you enjoy, not something you pick just because it makes a lot of money.

IT's ME! said...
This is a strong article and ypu have a good writing style. Still I have to disagree with your piont. For one thing I don't think that school in every case is eqiuvilent to 'education'. I also don't think that making lots of money neccisarily constitutes a good life. And, lastly, isn't your childhood real and important also?

Electricity PLATINUM, Bradenton, Florida
I love this article, and I love your point of view. You seem intelligent, and bright. I 100% agree with your thoughts. 5 stars! And congratulations on making the front page!