Trapped in a box | Teen Ink

Trapped in a box

By Smile4ever BRONZE, Yuma, Arizona
Smile4ever BRONZE, Yuma, Arizona

I sit here thinking about what's next to come. I already have decided what college I want to attend in the Fall of 2010, I just have to make it happen. Thoughts of post graduation and how I can make that happen constantly fills my mind as I try to consentrate on my high school work. I want to go beyond expectations and just be me. The Me I've always wanted to be. It's kind of hard to express yourself when you have to take required classes that doesn't envolve random writings. I feel like I am trapped in a box until graduation. A box that is without holes but is waiting to burst open like a jack-in-the-box. The excitement can't be kept inside anymore. I hope I can patiently wait without having one of the famous senior illnesses. I know I can make a difference in this world if they will just hurry up and give me my diploma!

My mind has constantly been thinking about post graduation and the anxiety is building up to the point I am about to burst!

ash2011 GOLD said...
ash2011 GOLD, Middletown, Ohio

I'm Just one of those regular weird people- Janis Joplin

I agree. theres so much pressure and it just seems impossible to make it but i think if you have a positive you will feel better (=

TigerLynn GOLD said...
TigerLynn GOLD, Maysville, Kentucky

"She walks in beauty,
Like the night of cloudless climes and starry skies;
And all that's best of dark and bright
Meet in her aspect and her eyes."
--Byron

I totally understand! I too am a senior! I have had enough of high school and am ready to prove myself as a college student and adult! I love your jack in the box comparison.