The movie "To save a life". | Teen Ink

The movie "To save a life".

January 18, 2010
By Alicia-Turner BRONZE, Bradenton, Florida
Alicia-Turner BRONZE, Bradenton, Florida
4 articles 0 photos 7 comments

Favorite Quote:
“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us most. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and famous?' Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that people won't feel insecure around you. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in all of us. And when we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”


I had just heard of this movie "To save a life." on a radio talk show late last night, today I watched the trailer.Its about a popular guy named Jake Taylor, he's on the basketball team, he has a cute girlfriend, and tons of friends.However he grew up with this kid Roger.Jake cut Roger out of his life in order to remain popular, but Roger kills himself and Jake feels responsible.Shortly after he meets a new kid, I dont know his name but this kid gets bullied and Jake must decide if saving a life is worth becoming an outcast.Im writing this because I personally have gone though something like this, although not as extreme, still close enough.I know this movie will change lifes.To learn more google "to save a life movie".Seriously this is importent.


The author's comments:
A personal experience inspired me.