Do Teachers Try | Teen Ink

Do Teachers Try

By sarahmcmurtry SILVER, Strawberry Point, Iowa
sarahmcmurtry SILVER, Strawberry Point, Iowa

Sometimes it takes something horrible to realize something wonderful.

People say that school is just a small part of your life, and before you know it it will be over. But, maybe school will be over for some kids even sooner than you know it. People say that school should be fun, and enjoy it while it last, but could adults not realize that for some kids school is just horrific.
There are kids that wake up in the morning wishing that they could just stay in bed because they dread going to school everyday. students are getting harassed, others beaten, and some even driven to kill themselves.
You'd think that more teachers would actually try to stop bullying, but I've never seen them do anything but show us movies and talk about it. But, sometimes talking isn't enough. You need to intervene and make it stop.
There is a kid in my class that everyday is bullied, made fun of, called names, pushed around, and laughed at. I've never seen a teacher try to stop it, and it's gone on for years. Wouldn't you think that they would notice? But they don't. It makes you wonder if school is really a safe place to be? With kids afraid for their life every time they come to school.
It's time for someone to really step up to the plate and try to make a difference. And they need to do it soon before more innocent lives are lost.

I am from a school where a kid killed himself because he was bullied. And I feel that it is time for some teachers to step up and make bullying stop.