One Race Under God | Teen Ink

One Race Under God

By CompoundArcher GOLD, Broomfield, Colorado
CompoundArcher GOLD, Broomfield, Colorado

"I Have Not Failed. I've Just Found 10, 000 Ways That Something Won't Work." Thomas Edison

"Surely this world-so beautifully diversified in its forms and motions-could not have arisen except from the perfectly free will of God, who provides and governs all things." Roger Cotes

"Don't doubt the Creator, because it is inconceivable that accidents alone could be the controller of this universe.'' Isaac Newton

"In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." Abraham Lincoln

As a Christian I am faced with the toughest of questions every day, and, to the dismay of others, I usually don’t know the answer. One thing I get asked about a lot is race. I am half Hispanic and half black, so it isn’t uncommon for people to engage in conversation usually because they can’t tell what ‘race’ or ethnicity I am.

I know this may sound completely insane, but there is only ONE RACE. Yes. ONE RACE.

In the book of Genesis when God created the first man and woman, does He say anything like- “I have separated man among races.” or “Each man shall disperse into their own species and it shall be so that there are races of men.”

No, he did not. God created a man named Adam and a woman named Eve. He said nothing about humans separating themselves from each other.

Nowhere in the Bible does it say that God created multiple races. Remember the Tower of Babel? What did God do there? He created languages because of the people’s sins. They thought they could build a tower that would get them to heaven so God punished them. He had made it clear already that they could not do that. It wasn’t unjust punishment.

God created a language barrier, therefore the people of Babel had to collect themselves into “tribes”. They went their separate ways civilizing different contents.

Each content has a different climate. Different elevation- exposure to the sun. Is different skin tone not self-explanatory? If you were to compare my skin tone compared to one of my brother’s skin tone, you would find a noticeable difference. I am a lot darker than all of my siblings. (And we’re full blood)

Skin tone doesn’t just have to do with climate, DNA plays a big part also. I won’t go into detail about the science aspect of things because I’m sure you have access to Google.

The pigment in your skin differs based off of what traits you have in your DNA. There are tons of cases of two black parents having a white baby. They did blood testing too, and it was their baby. Some families have even had kids with a normal skin tone and one kid is the opposite extreme. There have even been twins of mixed parents and one child was white the other black.

Hopefully, I was clear and you can agree with the sound evidence in the Bible. Here’s a verse for me to end with.

Acts 17:24-26

24 The God who made the world and everything in it, being Lord of heaven and earth, does not live in temples made by man,[a] 25 nor is he served by human hands, as though he needed anything since he himself gives to all mankind life and breath and everything. 26 And he made from one man every nation of mankind to live on all the face of the earth, having determined allotted periods and the boundaries of their dwelling place.

All of my information is from the Bible and Answers in Genesis online.