Thank God? | Teen Ink

Thank God?

God. A name so common, yet an entity so unknown. Every day, we are told that God is a divine being, and that we should appreciate all that he gives us. But how can I possibly appreciate what we are given when innocent people are being horrendously slaughtered. I’m not just talking about the serial killers and other nasty things. No. This is something which hit home quite recently.

Today I saw one of my best friends crying, for reasons I did not understand. When I looked at her computer, I saw what had made her so distraught. It was an article on albino people, particularly children, being slaughtered in places such as Tanzania and Burundi. And not just killed due to political reasons. No. They were being slaughtered, due to the belief that those with Albinism have magical properties. To put it bluntly; if you have albinism in Tanzania, then you will be brutally slaughtered, and then dismembered.

Take a moment to take it all in. Think about your younger sibling, or your older sibling. Or think about a friend that you are so close to. Now imagine them being abducted out of their house, beaten to death, having their arms and legs cut off, their eyeballs ripped out of their sockets, their tongues cut out, and left in an unrecognisable state. Visualise it. It scares you, doesn’t it?
These monsters are out there, along with the serial killers, the rapist’s, and all those other things which terrify us. So what can we do? Become more aware. That is the first step. The rest is up to you.

So the next time that someone says to you that God is good, and that we should be thankful, think about those who are slaughtered in Tanzania, and ask yourself; should we thank God for killing off these innocent people? Because by thanking God for all that he has done, we are thanking him for killing off people, people like you and me, friends, and families.

I have a best friend who is albino. If things had been different, then it could have been her being slaughtered. Think about that.

I was inspired to write this piece after seeing one of my best friends crying over an article in relation to the Albino killings in Africa.

We-R-3 BRONZE said...
We-R-3 BRONZE, Orlando, Florida

A picture is worth a thousand words, however it takes a real artist to turn words into pictures.

Have you heard about the new Lebron Iphone, you have to set it on vibrate because it doesn't have any rings

The human race chose to walk in sin, we are all guilty of it, God does not kill these people other sinful people choose to kill them