Insignificantly Significant | Teen Ink

Insignificantly Significant

By Babylufin GOLD, Liberal, Missouri
Babylufin GOLD, Liberal, Missouri

"'For I know the plans I have for you', declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'" Jeremiah 29:11. Thank you Lord, for this future you've given me.

Everyone feels abnormal. Everyone. So, you out there, reading this right now, don't deny it. You know in the pit of your stomach that you are positive there is something different about you, that no one understands the significance of who you are.
You are right. You are abnormal. You are different. Just like everyone else.
If you honestly think about it, everyone in this life is living the same life. We all have problems.
We all do the same things, just in different ways.
This life we live right now, is insiginificant. Insignificant. There is no point, other than to go along with it; to do what you have to to survive. Why, you ask, do we have to survive, though, if there is no point, no significance to this life?
I'll be truthful; I don't know. It's just what I'm told.
I'm told that I'm the same as everyone else. I'm not abnormal. I'm regular. I'm average. I'm an insignificant addition to this world that means nothing. As are you, and everyone else.
We just keep living the same lives, never changing, although that's how it seems. But in the beginning, we are just beings. And in the end, that's all we'll be remembered as: being.

So what is the significance of life? There is none.
So why do we live? We live to die. Because death is our significance. It determines if we shall continue to live a significant live that lasts for eternity, never ending but always changing, never the same; or if we believe what we've always been told: you're insignificant, normal, the same. Do you believe that? Because if you do, continue being insignificant...you won't go far.

You are significant, if only in an insignificant way. Don't forget that.

Babylufin GOLD said...
Babylufin GOLD, Liberal, Missouri

Thank you. :))

sarahh_xo BRONZE, Yorktown Heights, New York

`the things we want most in life are the things we dont have`

this was beautiful(: 

it explains EXACTLY how i feel right now!

Babylufin GOLD said...
Babylufin GOLD, Liberal, Missouri

haha, good. :) Thanks!

twin2 PLATINUM said...
twin2 PLATINUM, Houston, Texas
AMAZING!! Haha truely made me think about my position in life!!! Lol 

Babylufin GOLD said...
Babylufin GOLD, Liberal, Missouri

That was what I was aiming for - to make you think! Thanks so much for commenting, I hope you liked it!

Simply_Me BRONZE, Nunda, New York

"I didn't lose my brain...I just sold it on E-bay."

wow...this made me think!! at first i had to mull things over to try and understand your point but i think i get it!! and you are right; everyong is insignificantly significant!! good job!

Babylufin GOLD said...
Babylufin GOLD, Liberal, Missouri

Thanks! :)

erikae GOLD said...
erikae GOLD, Brookfield, Wisconsin

This is really powerful, and it brings up some really good points.

Great job! :)

Babylufin GOLD said...
Babylufin GOLD, Liberal, Missouri

I don't know for sure whether that is good or bad...lol. Hopefully good. :D

inksplatters21 SILVER, Mason, Ohio

"Character is how you live when no one is watching."

hmmm...interesting concept.  I'll need to mull this one over

Babylufin GOLD said...
Babylufin GOLD, Liberal, Missouri

I try my best... :) Thank you!

Lover_that_Hates DIAMOND, Reynolds, Georgia

"She was fascinated with words. To her words were things of beauty, each like a magical powder or potion that could be combinded with other words to create powerful spells." From: Lighting(By: Dean Koontz)

very very true and well said at that... Great points, great wording, it's just plain Great! :) Making people stop & think is what writing is ALL about and you have made me (at the least) stop and wonder...

Babylufin GOLD said...
Babylufin GOLD, Liberal, Missouri

That is definitely one of my points! I do strongly believe in self-confidence, because if you don't believe in yourself, who will? You're just giving them a reason to put you down. So live it up. :) Thanks for commenting, and I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Shadowface39794 BRONZE, Kissimmee, Florida

My heart is broken and I'm losing all my friends, you don't fall in love you grow in love, no one can tell you who to love only your heart can

Wow thise is really good it makes me think that we are all not perfict in thise world and thatwe should accepte our self for who we are

Babylufin GOLD said...
Babylufin GOLD, Liberal, Missouri

I wrote this on a spur...it just tumbled out of me. I'm surprised it even makes any sense at all. Thank you guys so much, I appreciate it. I'm on my way to check out your work. :)

djfabreezayy BRONZE, Dallas, Texas

You’re not a quitter. You suffered a great loss; you’re not the same person. You should be… looking ahead, you should be starting over. K?
-Stephan Salvator.

This actually made me sit back and think. 

It's so well written just to get one point across with so many details.

I loves it(:

LastChapter said...
LastChapter, Hempstead, New York

(couldn't think of anything better at the time) "Take the first step in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step."-Dr.Martin Luther King Jr.

day-um! thats so true, and amazingly written, may i add. great hidden messages too