The Truth About Child Abuse | Teen Ink

The Truth About Child Abuse

August 3, 2010
By princess6 GOLD, Berwyn, Illinois
princess6 GOLD, Berwyn, Illinois
10 articles 0 photos 42 comments

Favorite Quote:
"You choose your own destiny" :)


“When an innocent, vulnerable child is brutalized by a person he or she may love or trust, child abuse occurs”.


Child abuse occurs all over American in fact an estimated __5__ children die each day in the result of child abuse. There are three different types of child abuses physical, emotional and neglect. Child abuse leaves a permanent scar on the child emotionally and maybe even physically. Some signs of child abuse are easier to detect such as a cigarette or iron burn, bruises in unusual places, etc. .(physical) Also thinking their worthless, being WAY to hard on themselves, and showing irrational and fearful behavior.(emotional) And having the same dirty clothes for Days in a row and unkept hygiene and health(neglect), Some signs of child abuse are easy to detect and others are not, one of the worse stereotypes of child abuse is that child abuse mainly occurs in bad neighborhoods, which is not true it could happen anywhere.

Why people abuse children is hard to explain, most people that abuse their children were abused as children or/and came from broken ,drunk households yes it is not an excuse for their wrong doings but it is an explanation. Children see beauty in everyone and it’s wrong that people are taking their innocence a way. If you know that a child is being abused please call the child abuse hotline 1-800-25-abuse (Illinois)you may be saving their life. Child abuse is a terrible thing. We have the power to lower the deaths that happen because of child abuse. Child abuse is an ongoing painful cycle, and the children that were abused will have to live with it for their whole life, continually thinking that their not worth it, when they truly are beautiful inside and out. Children are a gift from God, and are our future, the last thing people should do is abuse a vulnerable, innocent child.


The author's comments:
When a child is abused it takes their inoccence away and forces them to enter an awful reality