My personal revolution. | Teen Ink

My personal revolution.

(This was submitted as a response to a survey in my online chinese class. I was feeling somewhat rebellious that day. I am a little different and I believe in some odd ideals.I also decided ot ad a hint of humor to the response just to spice it up a little bit for my teachers. The question asks, “Please add any comments that are needed to accurately rate your online class. Please not any misunderstandings, technical difficulties, or prolems you may have encountered.”)
The only difficulty I had with my class was the fact that I CANNOT SPEAK CHINESE. My teacher talks to me like I am able to speak fluent Chinese but for some reason I am learning it for the second time for some strange reason that is not known to anyone because I already speak Chinese........ oh, wait that’s right I can only speak American and Mexican. Some people might be more statistically biased to be inclined to know Chinese better than I do. I am not sure if you know this, but Chinese is hard. I think it is a denomination of communism to expect us all to know all of the Chinese characters like we know the Latin alphabet. There are three different aspects of the Chinese language; characters, pinyin (pronunciation using the Latin alphabet), and the actual pronunciation of each particular sound in the language; and if you'd a consider a fourth, the relation between all of them. To expect that everyone is capable of knowing and learning all three at the same time conveys the ideals of a communist tyrant such as Hitler, Stalin, Mussolini, etc. We live in a country that is fair, just, and equal to make different learning processes between different students. I was taught to believe that one person can make a difference in the world, no matter what people try to hold them down and smother their passion. I will ascend to a position of power; a position to inspire the other neglected students to turn on authority. It is my god-given right to an education, that is not filled with overwhelming stress constantly. I have an IQ of 130 which is 30 points above the average. I think that I deserve a break from this impossible task of getting ahead in an autocracy such as this. When people are subjected to learn a whole new language just by the internet translation that does not tell you the three aspects of the word (as previously stated), they are also likely to start a revolution such as the ones portrayed in George Orwell’s novel Animal Farm, which starts a complete revolution of the animal kingdom. This is the same for the student kingdom if the same is expected of us. The only difference is that the student kingdom will not overturn to the teachers and authoritarians that they once rebelled against. It may not happen in my time or my childrens’ time. But I promise you: we will rebel, and we will be victorious! We will reign down upon your regime with a fiery passion that will instill fear in the heart of every authority figure in America. Other than that, though, I was somewhat satisfied with my class.

The most important kind of freedom is to be what we really are.
We trade in our reality for a role
We trade in our sense for an act
We give up our ability to feel, and in exchange put on a mask.
There can't be any large scale revolution until there's a personal revolution on an individual level.
It's got to happen inside first.