You've Been Deceived | Teen Ink

You've Been Deceived

October 9, 2009
By ScarlettS SILVER, Chapmansboro, Tennessee
ScarlettS SILVER, Chapmansboro, Tennessee
5 articles 0 photos 8 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13


Oh, the pain, the unbelief that goes through my mind. I wander around pacing, eyes open wide, brow furrowed together.
“How could such logic be considered?” I ask myself.
I sit, for I fear that I will wear a hole in the carpet from my continuous, worried pace.
Something in the very depths of my being stirs, thus causing an unsettled feeling.
“He is real. How could anyone be so blind as to not see His wonderful ways?”
The thought crosses my mind several times before the conclusion comes with much clarity.
Deception. The act of being deceived, beguiled, misled.
This world has been. . . Deceived. Time and time again.
Atheists, witches, warlocks. All made up by the mind. All made up after being deceived.
The unsettled feeling returns.
“Well, I know the truth, and it isn’t my place to judge, but it hurts so bad!”
I sit and hold my head, and let silent, gentle tears run down my cheeks. Oh how my heart goes out to these people!
Can they not see any good mirrored in the life of God’s people?
Don’t they realize that Jesus shed blood to wash their slate clean?
He took stripe after stripe for their sake?
And they take it for granted.
They’ve been deceived.

The author's comments:
This was not intended to belittle the beliefs of those who read it. I am not here to judge, but it was intended to show that someone out there cares for those of little or no faith. I have prayed and will continue to do so.




God Bless.