Not Just Because, Just Believe | Teen Ink

Not Just Because, Just Believe

By Shells SILVER, Dixon, Wyoming
Shells SILVER, Dixon, Wyoming

“The dye has been cast. The decision has been made. I have stepped over the line. I won’t look back, let up, slow down, or back away. My past is redeemed, my present makes sense, my future secure. I’m done with low living, sight walking, small planning, colorless dreams, tamed visions, mundane talking, cheap living and dwarfed goals: I no longer need preeminence, prosperity, positions, promotions, or popularity. I don’t have to be right, first, tops, recognized, praised, regarded or rewarded. I now live by faith, lean on His presence, walk with patience, live by prayer and labor with power. My face is set, my goal is Heaven, my road is narrow, my way is rough, my companions are few, my Guide is reliable, my mission clear. I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, turned back, deluded or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of adversary, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity or meander in the maze of mediocrity. I won’t give up, shut up, let up, until I have stayed up, stored up, prayed up, paid up, and spoken up for the cause of Christ. I am a disciple of the lord Jesus Christ.” - African martyred for Christ.

She looked down at the limp teddy bear in her hands. The sweet toy stared up at her with black button eyes and an unfading smile. A patch marked the bears chest, over it’s “heart”, where it had been worn through by five years of constant love. The right ear was permanently deformed from five years of being gripped tightly by a tiny toddler hand as it was dragged from place to place, never once being laid to rest in a corner as the other stuffed animals.
The distant sound of a child’s scream shattered her heart, bringing her world to a stand still as she allowed herself to be overtaken by her grief. Her baby was gone from her. All she had left of him was the tattered teddy bear, such a small reminder of such a precious life, taken away too early. Five sweet and tender years, the lifeless bear in her hands held every moment in its blank button eye stare. Short and sweet. His life was surly that. The young mother found herself struggling with not knowing the answer to her question of why?

Though asked by every person in the world at some point or another, it has never received an answer that has put the familiar question to rest. Though many will say “because…“, not every one will agree, or understand the because. It is an impossible question to understand the answer to, yet a simple one to answer. If you can believe. Believe. The power to wash away grief, to smile again, to hope again, to dance again. To live again.
There is a world. We know this is true. Why? Because, we can see it and feel it. There is a beginning, a middle, and an end. There is no way to deny this. Why? Because we can see as a new life comes into this world, we can watch as this life grows, and later, we can watch as this life ends. There is pain in this world. This everyone knows. Why? Because everyone has felt it in some way or another. See plus feel equals believe.
We tend to be a stubborn people. where we cannot believe something unless we can see it or feel it, because then it is not impossible to us anymore. Because by feeling it and seeing it, we have proved it. As simple as that. Where is faith? Faith, is the substance of thing hoped for, the evidence of things unseen.
We question. We wonder. And yet, the answers are always so simple. We only complicate them with our questions. Can’t we just let it be simple and just…believe?
God. How can He be real? We can not see Him, cannot feel Him. But the world, that we know is real, (because), we can see it, and the pain, the love, and the joy, of this life we can feel. Where does it come from? There is an answer for this question. Will you believe it? Probably not. Why? Because, you cannot see it, you cannot feel it. Or, maybe it is only because you have not chosen to see it, have not chosen to feel it. Simply, ignored it. Have not believed. Did not have faith. Both unseen. But both are felt.
The Mona Lisa. How do we know that it was painted by a man named Leonardo de Vinci. Or that, it even had a painter? Couldn’t it have just become, just as, (some of have said), the world just became? Perhaps. But that is a very difficult thing to believe, now, isn’t it? And, if I said that this was what I believed, then you would probably laugh, roll your eyes, and probably never finish this. But don’t worry, because I don’t believe that. I believe, that the Mona Lisa had a painter, just as the world has a creator. How do we know that the Mona Lisa had a painter, and that it was Leonardo de Vinci? Because, we can read this all over, on the internet, in history books, some art books…ect. How do we know that the world was created, and that it was created by God? The same way that we know the Mona Lisa was painted, and indeed was painted by Leonardo de Vinci.
How can we really deny it? Even if you are blind. You can still feel it. In your heart when you love, laugh, cry. On your face when the wind blows. With your hands as you feel a loved one’s face. So really, and truly, in the end, it is impossible to deny, (though I know you will), God. Why? I ask now. Won’t you believe, have faith, accept, what is so easy. It’s going to be impossible to see the forest through the trees if you choose to make it so. Just stop. Don’t make it complicated. Don’t question. Breath. Listen. See. Believe…simply, fall into the arms of faith.
Why? God. Is there a better answer? There is an artist behind every single masterpiece. There is a writer behind every story, poem, song, ect. And, there is also, just as sure as there is a writer or artist for ever work of art, there is a God for the wonderful masterpiece called sunset, mountain, sky, sun, smile, eyes, meadow, stream, lake, snow, world. Why? Can’t you believe? Is it so impossible? So hard? To much to ask?
My simple answer for the complicated why?, is, faith, believe, God. What is your answer? Is it for reason, or just because?

on Sep. 11 2015 at 4:29 am
my-King-breathes-stars BRONZE, Elizabethtown, Kentucky
@writingcheetah7 ... I totally agree with you! I think that all the time. Evolutionists tend to contradict themselves rather often. I pray for them. One day they will believe, I only hope it isn't too late. And @Shells ........ WOWWWW!!!! This was so good. Beautifully written, honest, true, and clear, in a way teens can relate to. I also love to write and love more than anything to show God's greatness through my writing. I bet we could be friends if we knew each other ;) Wish we did. Keep up the good writing!

EscapeRope said...
EscapeRope, Cavite, Other
We didn't come from monkeys. Please always remember that, dear creationists. There's no such specie as half monkeys half humans. We humans only share a common ancestor with monkeys, which is extinct now.

Allen. PLATINUM, Palo Alto, California

[i]No matter how much people try to put you down or make you think other things about yourself, the only person you can trust about who you really are is you[/i] -Crusher-P

But we have documents of Leonardo da Vinci's existence. He had been seen. And those records include no supernatural ideas or things that are not likely for the time.

Neonlimabean GOLD, Wyoming, Michigan
This is a beautifully written article. I am a Christian who has very recently been re-enlightened. My only advice is to pray for those who don't believe. However, it does say in the bible that if they refuse to listen and believe, you are to just let them be. You can't force anyone to do anything. Keep writing. :)

daphdaph22 said...
"The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands." Evidence of our creator surrounds us. I pray that more people would see it. This article is beautiful, great work!

Sunshine15 PLATINUM, Modi&#39in, Other

Never doubt that a small group of committed people can change the world. Indeed, nothing else ever has. ~Margaret Mead

Besides being an incredible article, thanks so much for writing it!! It's really helping me believe again...

Shells said...
Okay, humans...does it make a difference?...you still haven't showed me anything yet...

Lilliterra said...
That was supposed to be a reply to somebody further down! But I do really like this article. Please read my article called "Faith", on a similar subject, also another one called, "What Darwin Didn't Know".

Lilliterra said...
And yet at some point or another it DID have to just come, or there wouldn't be any space, time, or matter. Where do you think those came from?

andromeda13 SILVER, Barrie, Other
Not half monkeys half humans. we started out as monkeys, our environment changed so we needed to. simple as that. and it didn't happen overnight, we changed over thousands of years, evolution is still happeneing today

andromeda13 SILVER, Barrie, Other
wonderfuly written artcile although i don't fully agree with it. i am glad you stand so firmly beside your faith! 

andromeda13 SILVER, Barrie, Other
please don't call other peoples beliefs stupid. you wouldn't like it if i said that to you. please take intio account that there are other people with other beliefs that deserve the same respect you would treat someone who was your religion.

andromeda13 SILVER, Barrie, Other
lol sorry not od God

andromeda13 SILVER, Barrie, Other
okay it didn't just become, the earth didn't need to have a creator, plants weren't just there if you believe in evolution or the big bang theory than u would know that things started as single celled organisms and evolved over millions perhaps billions of years. they didn't just became, and asking a stupid question like "well where did the sinlge celled organisms come from?" is like me asking a Christian where od came from. and if other planets could form without God then why not ours???

Shells SILVER said...
Shells SILVER, Dixon, Wyoming

yeah, and can you point me to where the half monkeys half humans are? I'd love to see one!

It is not that I lack the knowledge, how could that be when that's almost all people believe these days...they are the ones that lack the knowledge that God exists, and there's no such thing as evolution, and no way to prove it...so why must I try to prove it to you? I wrote this because I love to write, and I love to show God's greatness through my writing, and show my love for Him through it, so there, if you want to believe this or that, go ahead, and I will know what I believe and there will be a day that no one will be able to deny it...!

Fluffy2772 said...
Fluffy2772, McDonough, Georgia
Natural selection. Evolution. It didn't just "come". That is a very common misconception and you show your lack of knolledge of the opposing position by saying that.

Shells SILVER said...
Shells SILVER, Dixon, Wyoming

WOW!  Thank you so much!  Really appreciate the comment!

writingcheetah7 GOLD, Barr., Rhode Island

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."

beautiful piece of writing!! i have definitely had some trying times as well with religion--I am a firm believer in God, but some of my best friends are athiest. I love them, but they can be hurtful with their scorning of what I believe in. Thank you for writing this great piece! it gave my own faith a boost:)

P.S. I also wanted to say that I strongly agree that there is a Creator of this world. All the time in science, which people seem to love to compare against faith, we're taught: "everything comes from something". And yet, the Big Bang theory says that this whole universe was formed from...what? Essentially they're saying nothing, which totally contradicts what we've been taught.

Anyway, I love this and keep up the great work!!:)

That-Contrarian-Librarian, ., North Carolina

@ bobun16

if only there was a 'like' button for comments...

someday said...

yeah, the universe doesn't have a creator, ok...it all just became...yeah, that sounds good, that way I don't have to believe in a God that will control my life. Besides, it’s kind of childish to believe in, don’t you think? How ridiculous to believe in something so fairytale like, so impossible….wait…kind of like thinking that the world, the universe, just became…

I’d say, it’s more believable that the universe was created, and not just became…

You are telling me that let's say plants, just became? Nope. They were created, by the Creator to produce seeds that amazingly will reproduce another plant just like its own kind, and it goes on and on. The same with humans, animals and EVERYTHING. NOTHING, just is or becomes, it is all created is all formed by a god, the God, our Creator. Whether you, one of His creations, will come to your senses and believe it or not, doesn't matter, because one day, I assure you, you will know that there is a God, and you’ll regret ever doubting Him!