Not Just Because, Just Believe | Teen Ink

Not Just Because, Just Believe

By Shells SILVER, Dixon, Wyoming
Shells SILVER, Dixon, Wyoming

“The dye has been cast. The decision has been made. I have stepped over the line. I won’t look back, let up, slow down, or back away. My past is redeemed, my present makes sense, my future secure. I’m done with low living, sight walking, small planning, colorless dreams, tamed visions, mundane talking, cheap living and dwarfed goals: I no longer need preeminence, prosperity, positions, promotions, or popularity. I don’t have to be right, first, tops, recognized, praised, regarded or rewarded. I now live by faith, lean on His presence, walk with patience, live by prayer and labor with power. My face is set, my goal is Heaven, my road is narrow, my way is rough, my companions are few, my Guide is reliable, my mission clear. I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, turned back, deluded or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of adversary, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity or meander in the maze of mediocrity. I won’t give up, shut up, let up, until I have stayed up, stored up, prayed up, paid up, and spoken up for the cause of Christ. I am a disciple of the lord Jesus Christ.” - African martyred for Christ.

She looked down at the limp teddy bear in her hands. The sweet toy stared up at her with black button eyes and an unfading smile. A patch marked the bears chest, over it’s “heart”, where it had been worn through by five years of constant love. The right ear was permanently deformed from five years of being gripped tightly by a tiny toddler hand as it was dragged from place to place, never once being laid to rest in a corner as the other stuffed animals.
The distant sound of a child’s scream shattered her heart, bringing her world to a stand still as she allowed herself to be overtaken by her grief. Her baby was gone from her. All she had left of him was the tattered teddy bear, such a small reminder of such a precious life, taken away too early. Five sweet and tender years, the lifeless bear in her hands held every moment in its blank button eye stare. Short and sweet. His life was surly that. The young mother found herself struggling with not knowing the answer to her question of why?

Though asked by every person in the world at some point or another, it has never received an answer that has put the familiar question to rest. Though many will say “because…“, not every one will agree, or understand the because. It is an impossible question to understand the answer to, yet a simple one to answer. If you can believe. Believe. The power to wash away grief, to smile again, to hope again, to dance again. To live again.
There is a world. We know this is true. Why? Because, we can see it and feel it. There is a beginning, a middle, and an end. There is no way to deny this. Why? Because we can see as a new life comes into this world, we can watch as this life grows, and later, we can watch as this life ends. There is pain in this world. This everyone knows. Why? Because everyone has felt it in some way or another. See plus feel equals believe.
We tend to be a stubborn people. where we cannot believe something unless we can see it or feel it, because then it is not impossible to us anymore. Because by feeling it and seeing it, we have proved it. As simple as that. Where is faith? Faith, is the substance of thing hoped for, the evidence of things unseen.
We question. We wonder. And yet, the answers are always so simple. We only complicate them with our questions. Can’t we just let it be simple and just…believe?
God. How can He be real? We can not see Him, cannot feel Him. But the world, that we know is real, (because), we can see it, and the pain, the love, and the joy, of this life we can feel. Where does it come from? There is an answer for this question. Will you believe it? Probably not. Why? Because, you cannot see it, you cannot feel it. Or, maybe it is only because you have not chosen to see it, have not chosen to feel it. Simply, ignored it. Have not believed. Did not have faith. Both unseen. But both are felt.
The Mona Lisa. How do we know that it was painted by a man named Leonardo de Vinci. Or that, it even had a painter? Couldn’t it have just become, just as, (some of have said), the world just became? Perhaps. But that is a very difficult thing to believe, now, isn’t it? And, if I said that this was what I believed, then you would probably laugh, roll your eyes, and probably never finish this. But don’t worry, because I don’t believe that. I believe, that the Mona Lisa had a painter, just as the world has a creator. How do we know that the Mona Lisa had a painter, and that it was Leonardo de Vinci? Because, we can read this all over, on the internet, in history books, some art books…ect. How do we know that the world was created, and that it was created by God? The same way that we know the Mona Lisa was painted, and indeed was painted by Leonardo de Vinci.
How can we really deny it? Even if you are blind. You can still feel it. In your heart when you love, laugh, cry. On your face when the wind blows. With your hands as you feel a loved one’s face. So really, and truly, in the end, it is impossible to deny, (though I know you will), God. Why? I ask now. Won’t you believe, have faith, accept, what is so easy. It’s going to be impossible to see the forest through the trees if you choose to make it so. Just stop. Don’t make it complicated. Don’t question. Breath. Listen. See. Believe…simply, fall into the arms of faith.
Why? God. Is there a better answer? There is an artist behind every single masterpiece. There is a writer behind every story, poem, song, ect. And, there is also, just as sure as there is a writer or artist for ever work of art, there is a God for the wonderful masterpiece called sunset, mountain, sky, sun, smile, eyes, meadow, stream, lake, snow, world. Why? Can’t you believe? Is it so impossible? So hard? To much to ask?
My simple answer for the complicated why?, is, faith, believe, God. What is your answer? Is it for reason, or just because?

blues_are.still_blue BRONZE, Southampton, Pennsylvania

This sentence is false.
- Unknown

People say that the Mona Lisa was painted by a painter because we have PROOF that paintings aren't created from nothing. That work must be applied in a specific manner by a HUMAN BRAIN to achieve paintings. HOWEVER, we have NO proof to suggest that the universe requires a supernatural force. Does that answer your question?

Ironwoman BRONZE, Fremont, Ohio

Knowledge comes, but wisdom lingers.
Alfred Lord Tennyson

For the life of me I don't understnad how someone couldn't believe in a higher power how can it be twisted through out centureis in stories and  culteres and not have some meaniful fact to it.  God is there. See him if you choose, deny him through stupidity and those who believe will keep praying for you! :) Oh and for some peoples information God is capitalized!

maggierebekah BRONZE, Woodstock, Illinois

"i think there is no world without theatre."

this is a beautiful article.

zinder1995 said...
zinder1995, Menifee, California

"If you have faith the size of a mustard seed you can say to that mountain, 'Move from here to there' it will move and nothing will be impossible to you."

This was a great article and so true! If you choose to feel God you can feel Him. And if you choose to see Him you can see Him. It's all up to me to make the choice. I'm a Christian and i've been through some extremely difficult things in my life, but I never once blamed God because He has a reason for everything and I grew from those experiences so much more than the easier times in my life. There's no doubt in my mind that God exists, that He made the universe, and that He's got a plan for my life!

GodsPotential012 GOLD, Jonesboro, Georgia

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”

Great article!!!! It's comforting to know that there are still some people who know the truth and aren't afraid to tell the world. Ignore all the negative comments and know that God will reward you for your faith in Him. Continue to spread his truth and again great work!!

bobun16 SILVER said...
bobun16 SILVER, Mesa, Arizona

is this a trick question or what?-Calvin and Hobbes

Hey, i love this article, hope it gets published, ;D

bobun16 SILVER said...
bobun16 SILVER, Mesa, Arizona

The world is proof man, where do you think it came from?

Shells SILVER said...
Shells SILVER, Dixon, Wyoming

Exactly!  Couldn't have said it better myself.

Shells SILVER said...
Shells SILVER, Dixon, Wyoming

Thank you so much=) It can get discouraging with so many bad comments, that it's a breath of fresh air when you get an encouraging one=) And it just takes one to be so worth it! Thanks!

AngelGal07 GOLD, Ferndale, Washington

"If you do not love God then you do not know God for God is love" 1 John 4:8

please ignor my spelling

AngelGal07 GOLD, Ferndale, Washington

Thanks for writting this artical!!!!!!!!! it's a really good peice. keep on believeing that god is god and that he is real!!!!!!!! dont lose faith but be strong in the lord for he'll cover you in the shadow of his wings and he will protect you!

AngelGal07 GOLD, Ferndale, Washington

Yes he does!!!!!

ssssss BRONZE said...
ssssss BRONZE, Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin

If you love something, let it go, if it comes back to you it's yours, if it doesn't, it never was.

I have found that some parts of science can be proved wrong. I am a christian.  First of all, how is it that the earth could be in the exact place it's in and if it was moved slightly, we would all die? How is it that we evolved from monkeys when we still have monkeys on the planet? We need god wether people want to admit it or not.

ssssss BRONZE said...

I believe in God. And also I have found evidence of him exsisting. My pastor took some teens on a missions trip to Mexico to pray for people. Many people came, but the one that stood out the most to my pastor was a woman that had been blind for 40 years. My pastor took some teens over to her to pray for her. The teens put their hands on her and started to pray. As they were praying for her she was able to see again. She was blind for 40 years and suddenly she could see because she was prayed for. Explain that to me. My friend (who has no religon and strongly disagrees with mine) says that the woman could have been lying, but what reason would she have. I am intrested to hear what you think of that story.

tennisplayergirl GOLD, Arrington, Virginia

"He who will not risk cannot win." John Paul Jones

hollywog, how can you say that this piece is legit? There is no evidence that there is a higher power! 

This is exactly what I have been trying to say! Right on!

Cameron Speltz, San Ramon, California
I used to be Christian . I've read the bible multiple times. I'm a logician, however, and with the introduction of science, it becomes apparent that there is no reason for the existence of a god or gods. I suppose the only thing I have to lose from belief in a higher power is that I would be lying to myself, as I believe in reason above all else, and there is absolutly no reason for there to be a god. If you're talking about the Judeo- Christian god, and it seems as though you are, there's even more reason for me to not believe, as I go against the teachings of the Bible/Torah on a daily basis, and often enjoy doing so greatly.

Persona BRONZE said...
Persona BRONZE, Hanford, California
No, it's not. I acknowledge you could be right, I simply disagree and express that. No where have I said That's why I'm an agnostic atheist rather than a hard or militant atheist. At no point in our discussion have I ever said "What I believe is the truth" or "It is a fact that God does not exist" or anything along those lines, as opposed to yourself. As to your question, this is quite clearly a fallacious argument(Pascal's Wager). The argument creates a "either or" scenario in which two outcomes are only possible, when in reality many are possible. The simply rebuttal to the argument is: What if you're wrong AND I'm wrong? What if you go to the Islamic hell ? The hell of Christians who believe only their denomination are heaven bound? A pagan hell ? Another hell of a being not acknowledged or revealed to anyone on earth? What have I to lose? Going to all of those hells. Belief by fear of what may be is absolutely ridiculous. Wasting my life away for a petty fear. That's what I have to lose. Belief in anything should be based on intellectual honesty. As for me, as far as I can interpret from the bible, I'm going to heaven for being a former Christian anyways.

Shells SILVER said...
Shells SILVER, Dixon, Wyoming

"...the one thing non-believers hate the most about some Christians is that they refuse to acknowledge (even for the sake of civil discussion), that the other side could be right." Isn't that what you are doing to me right now? I think everyone does it, not just Christians. You may not be a Christian, but yet you are refusing to acknowledge that the other side might be right. It’s not just for non-believers, Christians too hate it when atheist stand firm in their beliefs, not acknowledging that maybe Christians are right...
You say you used to be that way and you hate yourself for that...but yet you are still that way, you are just on the other side of the fence now. Just arguing a different cause.
Just one question…let’s say there’s not a God, and you die, you are buried and that’s it. But, if there is a God, and you die, you go to hell because you didn’t believe and trust in Him. So, what is there to loose if you believe in God?

Shells SILVER said...
Shells SILVER, Dixon, Wyoming