Disapointed | Teen Ink

Disapointed

November 23, 2009
By MyMusic.MyLife. BRONZE, Naples, New York
MyMusic.MyLife. BRONZE, Naples, New York
3 articles 1 photo 1 comment

A few days ago, one of my best friends told me her sister was being tormented. I asked why and what happened and this is what she answered with:
“You know how my family and I are Christian? Well the girls that’s being mean to her is some other religion that has something to do with witch craft.” my friend explained. She went on to say that the girl tormenting her sister refuses to sit near her, and hates her. Her sister was only in fifth grade for Pete’s sake! When I was that young I only had to deal with snotty brats in my grade. I didn’t have to worry about being bullied because of my religion! Especially in a public school. I was shocked that this for one was happening at all and two it was happening in an environment that is suppose to be safe and friendly, not hostile like it was being for this girl. The next day after this news came to me I bumped into the tormenter in the hallway. She was surprisingly kind to me, saying “Sorry” and even smiling at me before walking off. I watched her as she continued down the hall and my best friend’s sister just happened to be down in that direction. I watched, frozen in a state of pure shock as the girl “accidentally” shoved the other girl into the wall, then laughing at her she said, “Christian freak.” just before walking away from the scene.
I quickly ran to help my friend’s sister, the whole time thinking, What has this world come to?
We lived in America! Wasn’t one of the Bill Of Rights religious freedom? It wasn’t even like this was going between adults, it was happening between two fifth grade girls that shouldn’t have to worry about being judged for their religion or hurt because of it. As school ended that day I found myself disappointed. Disappointed in the girl’s parents. Disappointed in the school system. Disappointed in America‘s citizens.