"Who Am I?" Testimony | Teen Ink

"Who Am I?" Testimony

Jesus-My-Savior GOLD,

*I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me. ~Philippians 4:13
*For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. ~John 3:16

“Who Am I?” is a song written and sung by Mark Hall, lead singer of the contemporary Christian group, Casting Crowns. This song is such a beautiful ballad of Jesus’ passionate love for us. “Not because of who I am. But because of what You’ve done. Not because of what I’ve done. But because of who you are.” I believe that this song is based off of verse 1 John 4:19. We love him, because he first loved us. And I believe that this is exactly true. Jesus already had feelings for us before he even entered this sinful world. It was through the glory of God that he was caring to all living creatures. How could he love a sinner like me? How could he have such a passionate love to bear those three nails on that old rugged cross for someone as worthless as myself? It is because God gave Christ the honor of having a compassionate and forgiving personality. What if Christ had never sacrificed on the cross? Where would this world be then? It would be dark with sin and violence. This world has enough violence, but what if Jesus had never been born and had not died on the cross? This world would be hectic, it would be as if Satan ruled the world. What a horrific world that would be. But thank the LORD above for loving us enough to call us His own. And I truly believe in verse John 3:16. For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, whosever believeth in him shall not perish but have everlasting life. But, how could God sacrifice His Son for someone as sinful as me? Did He actually visualize His creation as important? In His eyes and mind we, without a doubt, are very special and magnificent to Him personally. And He wanted us to have a personal relationship with Him. But, you better believe that He will do anything He can to win you over. Which is why He sacrificed His Son on the cross. It was because sin tears you away from God. And God does not want that to happen between Him and His creation. Which is why He does everything He can to get that steady relationship with you. He cares about you and doesn’t want anything harmful to condemn you. And I know for sure that He wants you to see the salvation that he has granted you through Christ. As it states in Romans 6:23, the penalty of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life. Once Eve took a bite from the apple that the serpent had tempted her with, that was the birth of sin. And since Adam and Eve both had sinned, they would have to experience a physical death. But, if they had resisted the temptation, then they would live forever. But, the devil had to trick their minds into thinking that everything he did was right and they should follow his rules. Satan will do anything to get you away from God and point you into his direction. But, the thing is, when you are not a confirmed Christian, Satan doesn’t care for you or need to tempt you because he already has you. However, when you are a Child of God, Satan will tempt you with as many temptations as possible to tear your relationship with God. Always listen to what God has to say, and you will always succeed. But how could God still love His creation if they rebelled against Him? I believe that He had compassion for them and wanted to forgive them, but they also had recieved the penalty of death. And I also believe that He had a plan for this world before Adam and Eve even came into the world. The scripture says it in Jeremiah 29:11, “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.” So God knows all of the plans that He has for you. Let Him be in control of your life. Never, I repeat never, let Satan mess with your mind into doing or saying the wrong thing. Satan is the definition of sin. Don’t let sin condemn your life forever. God sacrificed His Son on the cross for you. God loves you too much to see you go down in flames. The three nails that held Christ on the cross, they were for you! While Jesus was on the cross, you were on his mind. Jesus wants to call you his own and wants to be your shepherd. Invite Christ into your heart and you shall be saved. For everyone who calls on the name of the Lord, shall be saved. Romans 10:13

I wrote this testimony based off of the Casting Crowns song, "Who Am I?" All rights for this song goes to Casting Crowns. Casting Crowns is my favorite band. Please listen to this song, it will change your point of view on Jesus. Invite Christ in your heart today, it will change your life forever! Jesus Loves You! God bless you all!

Jesus-My-Savior GOLD,

Thank you so much! This means so much to me! I try as hard as I can to Glorify God's name! "I can do all things through CHRIST who strengthens me." ~Philippians 4:13 May God bless you in each and every way!

Heidi Schneider SILVER, Mattapoisett, Massachusetts
Thank you for using your gifts as a writer to spread the Word of God. "Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee withersoever thou goest." --Joshua 1:9