How to Make America Great Again | Teen Ink

How to Make America Great Again

By Daniel.W.Evensen PLATINUM, Eagle River, Wisconsin
Daniel.W.Evensen PLATINUM, Eagle River, Wisconsin

Isaiah 40:31
Those who wait upon the Lord will renew their strength, they will run and not be faint, walk and not be weary.

‘We the people of the United States to form a more perfect union. . . ,’ Such beautiful words that make the Preamble the Constitution a true cry for liberty. However, considering our roots as a Christian Nation, the Preamble could be refined to ‘We the people of the United States UNDER GOD to form a more perfect union.’
Since the creation of the United States, we have been a largely Protestant nation. Even though some of the Founding Fathers, were not Christians (Thomas Jefferson and Benjamin Franklin were deists) the principles found in the United States Constitution appear in the Bible. Right to a fair and speedy trial. In the Old Testament, I believe God commanded Moses to give a fair trial to any person accused of any crime. The Right to freedom of expression, speech and religion, were all created to give Christians a right to worship God as freely as they wanted to.  God frequently shows up in our culture. Our nation’s motto, ‘In God We Trust’, only reflects the original intentions of the founding fathers. Christ's Church, the Library of Congress and Independence Hall all have one thing in common. They were made to show our country that we were, still infact, one nation under God.
If we are honest with ourselves, we'll admit that this country has gone down hill really fast over the past 120 years. We have allowed ourselves to take God out of the picture and replace him with some graven image. Drunkenness, lust, lying, deceit, abuse of family, government corruption, homosexuality and the list stretches on five and a half miles. We have gone to the point that we have reinterpreted marriage, which has forever been one man and one woman, to one man and one man and one woman and one woman knowing full well that nations that accepted this kind of evil have never prospered. Every day, the new shouts one atrocity after another. Traditional marriage between one man and one woman is deemed as outdated and unconstitutional. Women are being given to choice to end their child's life. Pro-choice advocates are rallying against abortion clinic bombings touting it as murder, even as their hands are stained with the blood of millions of unborn children. Make no mistake. The great god whom we recognize in our everyday lives, is judging us from above. The instrument of our destruction, the very sins that we allowed to prosper. Our nation will be destroyed by AIDS. We will be destroyed by the destruction millions of families. We will be destroyed on the account that we knowingly destroyed an innocent life that could have been a doctor or scientist that would have cured diseases. We are being destroyed by our own wickedness. Marathon bombings and terrorist attack are also coming to light. In the end God will have no mercy on us because we did not turn back to him. I keep mentioning we. We. Everybody, even the Christians in this country, will suffer because of the negligence toward the word of God and the refusal to accept God by many people. If the Atheists go down, the Christians will go down to. If the Muslims go down the Christians will go down as well.
There is one other point that I did fail to make before. If we are a largely Christian nation, and if we claim to support religious freedom, why are Christians being persecuted in the common work place? Why is it that morality can be taught in public schools, but when God is mentioned, that really isn’t ‘appropriate’.  Why is it that American Universities can toll the noon bell for the daily Islamic Prayers, but a coach is fired for praying to the god whom he believes in. Why is it that something that has been known as dangerous, both physically and emotionally, such as homosexualty and abortion, are being seen as right and better, but people who stick to their faith, such as the Oregon Baker and Kentucky County Clerk, are fined. There is plenty of religious freedom for the Muslims, the Hmong, the Atheists, the Darwinists, but where is the freedom for the Christians? We need to bring back freedom for Christians. And as such, as concerned citizens, we need to stand for our beliefs and not be swayed. We need to go back and repeal the legality of ‘Gay-Marriage’. It is destroying families, undermining mainstream culture and painting those who disagree with it as ‘bigots’. We need to give a choice not only to the woman when she is pregnant, but also a choice to the child. Since the child cannot choose for itself, we should assume that he/she wants to live. Make ultra-sounds mandatory, so that women have to see that the organism living inside of her is a human child; her child.
We can have all the ideas in the world, but they are only empty gas without one key element. God. Notice that throughout history, nations and peoples that followed God prospered. Those who didn’t follow God, did not prosper. The original plan for mankind was not evil but a forever relationship with God. That plan was messed up when Adam and Eve decided to go against God. When Abraham decided to obey God, he was made the father of Nations. But when Sodom and Gomorrah decided to live idolatrous lives, they were destroyed by fire. When Israel followed God, the prospered under the prophets, David and Solomon. When the United States decided to follow God, we prospered as a country relatively well from our birth to the late 1800’s and into the 1920’s. When we decided ‘Phooey, God’s beneath me, I’m going my own way,’ we fell hard. We stopped for a brief period from 1950 to 1964, but then we just kept rolling and haven’t been able to stop yet. The reason: we don’t want to. We’d rather sit in our sin then admit that God is right.
The first and last verses of William Roscoe's poem, ‘Great God’, beautifully depicts what God once was to us and also is a slap in the face as to how far we have fallen

Great God, whose piercing eye,
The earth's extended kingdoms lie.
Whose mighty hand uphold them all,
And smites them when they fall.

O Great God, Guardian Guide and Friend,
O still thy sheltering arm extend.
Preserved by thee for ages past,
for ages let thy kindness last

ShellyToll SILVER, Rathdrum, Idaho

"If they don't like you for being yourself, be yourself even more" Taylor Swift

I might want to do some more research if I were you. America was not created as a Christian nation. America was founded to be a secular country. Recall the line "Equality and justice for all" in the Pledge of Allegiance. It does not say "Equality and justice for all Christians who follow the Bible exactly." Or how about freedom of religion and speech? Does that only apply to those who are preaching God? And you say that gay marriage should be illegal but what about "All men are created equal"? How does a personal choice that has nothing to do with you destroy families? And these terrorist and suicide bombers you mention, most of them are doing so in the name of God. 81% of Sweeden's population is atheist, they have free colleges and teachers are treated like celebrities. They also have one of the highest employment rates in the world. So, your point that societies without religion don't last and aren't prosperous is moot. If you're interested I can give you some links. Don't get me wrong I can tell you have a knack for writing and you truly thought this out. I just wish that you did a little more research before stating these things as if they are facts. Good job though!

Isaiah 40:31

Thanks Dude!

CNBono17 SILVER, Rural, South Carolina

Lego ergo sum (Latin—I read, therefore, I am)
The pen is mightier than the sword—unknown
Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, and in purity—1 Timothy 4:12

I am not ashamed of the Gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of those who believe. Romans 1:16.

Isaiah 40:31

Just to clarify, I made a typo. This is piece is called, 'What my obituary would look like'