A lot of kids had dreams to become pro athletes? Be realistic | Teen Ink

A lot of kids had dreams to become pro athletes? Be realistic

By Lulmarco BRONZE, Sacramento, California
Lulmarco BRONZE, Sacramento, California

Can any child interested in sports become a professional athlete? When thinking of a pro athlete, I think of when I would play sports back then. I would play soccer I was very good at being forward. Then I stopped doing sports. Then I stopped doing sports. Then I got back to it again I was in very bad condition. So I had to get my stamina back up and get my position back. I got back together I was even better and we would make it to tournaments but end up in 3rd or 2nd place. 

Next, I think of when I would see other kids that placed sports that was what made me get back into sports. I remember trying to sign up for a very good team but they said no because I wasn’t good enough. So I joined my friend’s dad’s teams and when I got my condition back. They wanted me on their team because I was very good. 

Then it occurs to me that I was good because they were watching me play and they wanted me on their team. I hated seeing people watch me play cause I would feel pressured and I would cause all I wanted was to do good and learn to take a win or a loss. 

Now I wonder if I would have never stopped playing sports where would I be today. Or if I never played what would I’ve done besides sports. Now there aren’t as many teams as there used to be mostly little leagues for older their are only clubs. 

I loved playing sports