Where Will the Pieces Fall | Teen Ink

Where Will the Pieces Fall

December 15, 2009
By Tae9900 BRONZE, Cleveland, Ohio
Tae9900 BRONZE, Cleveland, Ohio
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Where Will the Pieces Fall

Basketball is one of the most followed sporting events in the world with it’s: superstar players, electrifying plays, and big upsets, why wouldn’t it be. The different superstar match-ups keep fans tuned in every night to see the surprising outcomes.
But even though the 2009-10 season has just started, all talks have been on the 2010 off-season. This is because many of the superstars fans tune in to see every night will become free agents. “Where will the pieces fall?” is the question many viewers are asking.

These superstar players include: Joe Johnson, Fay Allen, Paul Pierce, LeBron James, Dirk Nowitzki, Tracy McGrady, Yao Ming, Kobe Bryant, Derick Fisher, Dwayne Wade, Amare Stoudemire, Manu Ganobili and Chris Bosh. People have been making assumptions of where they think players will end up. Sports anchors have even been interviewing players trying to get them to tell where they want to play next season.


One of the biggest stories is the Cleveland Cavaliers superstar LeBron James. In just seven seasons in the league he has accomplished much more than other veterans that have been in the league for longer. Because of this spectators and sports anchors wonder where he will fall next season.

Many are thinking the New York Knicks went under their salary cap so that they would have money to offer LeBron in 2010. They also think the many different New York versions of LeBrons’ shoes may hint where he want to end up. Others say Mr. James and Dwayne Wade will be playing in Miami together. Some even think he and Chris Bosh may be dishing each other assists next year. But no one really knows where LeBron James or anyone will play their 2010-11 NBA season.

I personally think the Cavs superstar LeBron James will still be their superstar in 2010. He has had too much success with the Cavs. I don’t think he will witness success of this kind with any other team. Once the off-season comes people will be surprised with the decisions these superstars will make. The only thing left to do is to watch and see “Where will the pieces fall.”