Badgers Beat Blue Devils | Teen Ink

Badgers Beat Blue Devils

By Connor Wilcox GOLD, Sussex, Wisconsin
Connor Wilcox GOLD, Sussex, Wisconsin

The Wisconsin Badgers win over the Duke Blue Devils helped the Big Ten to finally beat the ACC in the ACC/Big Ten challenge for the first time in the 11 year history. This was scheduled to be one of the biggest games of the year at the Kohl Center. Duke having trailed the whole game almost came back in the second half and cut it to a one point lead, but the Badgers were able to capitalize on their key mistakes. The Badgers mainly controlled the last remaining minutes with usually a one possession lead making each possession for both sides a nail-bitter. In the end it came down to wasting time so that the Badgers could limit Duke’s score as much as possible. After several free throws and a crucial turnover the Badgers upset the Blue Devils 73-69 as the entire Badgers student section cleared their seats and stormed the court in celebration. The most valuable player of the game was definitely Trevon Hughes with 26 points in the game even Duke’s head coach Mike Krzyzewski had commented, “I thought he was pretty good the last time we played. I think he was good then, and I think he’s is good now. He’s a damn good player.” The Badgers are currently 6-2 after an embarrassing loss to Green Bay that will most likely lead to them being unranked. They have a big game next against Marquette Golden Eagles.