Female Football Player Rights | Teen Ink

Female Football Player Rights

By brokendreamer GOLD, Otis, Maine
brokendreamer GOLD, Otis, Maine

I believe that the National Football League (NFL) and Colleges in the United states should discuss creating a professional football league and college league for women. Yes, girls can play football in high school and some play recreationally, but they should allow us to play in college and professionally also! Being a tomboy, I play football often during my daily school break, and find a lot of fun in the activity. I'm sure I speak for some of the female race when I state that it is unfair for us women not being able to play football professionally/in college by law!

As I stated earlier, I play football recreationally with a lot of the guys in my middle school. I am the only female to play the sport there, but I am also one of the best! I can throw a perfect spiral a good thirty yards, I can run faster than 98% of the guys in my middle school, and am one of the best recievers our teams have. I played flag football when I was in elementary school, and am considering playing in high school. But here's where I'm at a loss: Why play in high school if I can't continue to play in college and in my adult life AFTER college like I can in the other sports I participate in? There isn't a point. Which is also why I'm stressing the fact that the NFL and colleges nation wide should hear me out. I think it would be worth while, and would NOT be a waste of our time and money. I can only assume this, but a lot of women out of the American population do play football, and some may want to play professionally, me being one of the main contenders. So, can someone PLEASE tell me, why CAN'T we play?

I wrote this because I feel us women have just as much of a right to play football as men do.

20caweis said...
20caweis,
I totally agree

20caweis said...
20caweis,
That's so true

SmokeGrey03 said...
on Sep. 23 2015 at 10:59 am
SmokeGrey03,
girls cant handle big guys like what are in the NFL there to big and to strong for a women. Maybe women will get there own league but they can not play with men

ExZachly said...
on Sep. 3 2015 at 9:08 am
ExZachly,
The author isn't asking for women to play in the NFL. She's asking for a league for women only. But you look at the WNBA. Very boring, not a lot of fan. Yes, football is a more popular sport, bu the general consensus is that men are better than women in sports. They're bigger, they're stronger, they're faster. Yes, some girls can hold their own in grade school, but when 6'6" 350 pound grown men are falling on a woman, not a good ending. Hey, maybe a football league for women will blow up like the NFL, but in my opinion, not likely.

beingagirl said...
i think girls should play football

mickey said...
i think this is a good article, but I think that it would be unsafe for a girl to play tackle football with a three hundred pound man. Woman and men should have separate leagues, like in other sports.

WriterForLife SILVER, Baltimore, Maryland

The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have

I agree completely. Women couldn't handle the yearly rigors of the NFL.

Although touching would become a problem.

There is a women's league, the LFL.

Dani said...
Girls should be allowed to play football. I myself love the sport and say if we push it to the limit we can take it to the top. It's unfair that we don't have a professional team.

PACPanther said...
Men are very capable athletes

Girls should not be allowed to play in the NFL because from what I learned, boys are not allowed to hit girls. I know for a fact that at my school, there are different locker-rooms for girls and boys. So it would cost more money to extend the locker-rooms. People might say they can sue the NFL because of discrimination, but then they can make the NFL for women.

8th pd title said...
I think girls should be able to play in the NFL because we think girls are just as strong as boys. Based on what we read girls can play football in middle school. We think girls are just as flexible as boys are.The author stated that she can kick up to 30yds.Our opinion is that you can hit a girl with pads because it will protect them.On the other hand girls shouldn't be able to play in the NFL because they will get hurt the same.Girls can wear the same padding and get hurt the same.We think girls should be aloud to play in the NFL.

7th pd title said...
We think girls should be able to play in the NFL because they can be as good and as strong as boys.The author says she is faster than 98% of the football team.If girls can play in college they should be allowed to play in the NFL.From what we read Shelby Ozborn was the first female defensive back to ever play a different position in collage.Some people might say girls shouldn't play in the NFL because they are not strong enough or don't know how to play,but they wear the same stuff as boys do so they wont get hurt just as much.

Girls shouldn't be able to play football in the NFL because they aren't smart enough and they will mess up the plays, they will be in the boys locker room and that's not aloud at my school, and they will get hurt by being crushed by the boys.

Girls should be able to play football in the NFL because they should be able to play guy sports like they do soccer, baseball, and basketball. Girls are just as good as boys are in football. The author stated she is one of the best receivers on her middle school team. some people may think that girls should not play in the NFL because there to weak and will get hurt a lot. Girls will be wearing the same as boys and will get hurt just as much as boys.

We think girls should not be able to play in the NFL,because it has always been a mans sport.If they let the girls play in the NFL the would probably get hit hard and get hurt by the men. The guys probably wont want to hit and hurt the girls. We think all the girls would try to argue by saying girls should have all the rights boys do.But the men want to keep the NFL the way it is.

Girls should be able to play in the NFL because boys already play sports with girls like volleyball, baseball, and soccer. Girls should get the rights to do what they want because both boys and girls play baseball but, boys don't want us to play baseball because the ball is hard but, football and baseball are the same just like soccer and volleyball. Its all the same. girls should have the rights to play with boys. Boys may say girls will get hurt in football but, everyone will be wearing the same padding. they will get hurt too. girls should be allowed to play in the NFL too.

unbiased said...
I think girls should be allowed to play in the NFL, but they need to be prepared to play with the men. They need to understand that they need to be able to take a hit just as much as the next guy.

Girls should be able to play football in NFL and college because some girls can play as good as the boys. In the article the author told us she can run faster than 98% of the guys in her middle school. We read an article about a female football player who says she gets knocked down by boys all the time and still gets back up. Girls should have the same rights to play football as boys because there are other sports boys and girls both play. Boys and girls both play soccer, tennis, baseball, and basketball together. Some people might say girls can't run as fast as boys, but based on what we read, some girls can run just as fast or faster than boys.