Becoming a dancer | Teen Ink

Becoming a dancer

The stage is hidden by a blood red curtain while everyone in the audience waits for the performance to start. Most have a program in hand searching who will be up first.When the lights dim down and the curtains are pulled away from the stage there, in the center of the stage,
stands a single dancer illuminated by the spot light set upon her. When she starts to move about the stage in time with the music everyone watching became entranced. the dancer had finished and everyone rose from their seats and applauded the wonderful performer. With a simple courtesy she had left the stage. Some loved the dance while others had wished they could dance like her. LIttle did they know to dance like the young woman they witnessed it would take a lot of hard work and effort.

To become a dancer takes time and effort. Time and practice are a few main keys to be dancing. When practicing, the dance not only is making it neater but also every step and count is flowing into your memory. Everytime the dance is practiced the first step is always going to be the easiest to remember because you are most likely to always start on that step when starting the dance. While adding steps to the dance the more practice that is done with the new steps the easier it gets to remember them. Dancing in a group can be even harder than dancing alone. Practicing has to be done with the entire group in order for everyone participating to be in sync and in time together. If the group is not in time with everyone around them the dance will end badly and off timing.

Practice is not the only thing that is needed to form a great dance. You have to be comfortable with the style of dance. Being comfortable with the style of dance is a main point because it is easy to tell when the dancer is not comfortable with what she was dancing to. When dancers are not very strong in a style that they will be dancing to they will most likely take a class and work to get it stronger. While they work on their weaker styles they are still practicing and trying different thing with their stronger so they can stay at the level they are at. Many dancers are great at many dance styles. They may like to fool around with different styles and be great at them. on the show dance moms those 9-10 year olds are able to many different styles. They practice often to strengthen their weaker styles and progress farther in their other, stronger, styles.

When dancing you have to be committed and dedicated to the dance.Most dancers dancers choose to take dance classes to better their dancing ability. They are expected to show up on time and to be prepared. During their class they are to try their best so when they are to be dancing in front of a crowd, or something like a competition, they will be ready and prepared for that when it comes.

Dancing could possibly be energy consuming and harmful. Before dancing stretching is a great idea in order to not hurt or harm the body. While dancing maintaining a healthy diet is a great way to stay fit and be energized and ready for dance. If the dancer is not consuming enough water or obtaining adequate calorie intake it can cause dehydration and the dancer will lack energy and could affect their performance. the international association for dance medicine and science website says that a “dancer's diet should be composed of about 55-60% carbohydrate, 12-15% protein, and 20-30% fat. During heavy training and rehearsals the amount of carbohydrate should be increased to about 65%.”

Counterclaim: You can become a great dancer right away.
Other people might claim that you can become a dancer overnight. They believe that you can play music, put a few moves in and come out as a great dancer with a great dance.Some also think it’s easy as 1,2,3 to become a dancer. However, some of the best dancers would disagree with most of this.

To dance like the girl on stage it can take a lot. She had put a lot of effort into the dance, practiced frequently, gave a lot of effort, committed to the classes who taught her the dance, and stayed healthy in order to make that dance as great as it was. She was prepared and ready to enter the stage like every confident dancer should be. Hard work and effort was how the girl became the dancer she is today.