I'm Tired | Teen Ink

I'm Tired

By CharlotteMiller SILVER, Winston Salem, North Carolina
CharlotteMiller SILVER, Winston Salem, North Carolina

"The best kind of friendships are fierce lady friendships, where you aggressively believe in each other, defend each other, and think the other deserves the world."
-Unknown

I'm tired of apologizing for having to many opinions.

If I say something I believe in, but I then have to apologize for saying it, it takes its value away. It's like lighting a match on a windy day, it's just smoke, no heat from the flame. If I whisper like you tell me to no one will hear, so what's the point of talking when my words will meet no ears. Sorry has become all too familiar to me, I overused it and now it has no meaning. I can't change the world if I'm careful of others feelings.

I'm tired of handling peoples egos like they are a fragile baby, that cannot handle being challenged. 

If you cannot handle a girl telling you off, maybe you shouldn't provoke her.

I'm tired of pretending everything is okay when my world is crashing down around me

I'm losing friends like people lose their keys, their true personalities breaking free and strangling me, i cannot breathe. I loved them, and they hurt me, i was blind I could not see how toxic they made the air around me. Even my thoughts now want to kill me.

I'm tired of being silenced because I'm not old enough to vote

I know more about what i believe than most adults do, ive grown from ignorance so why am I still called a child. I'm no longer a little girl, i've seen darkness, and fear. And I'm the one who has to live here, on this earth they are destroying. They are polluting our air and trashing our seas, how long before they see.

I'm tired of being judged for the labels I show to other people

I made my label to give to you, but it is not permanent. Don't call me indecisive if i change it or add to it. We never stop finding ourselves so stop saying you have it all figured out. Don't belittle my phases because they are all part of me, my past will never become irrelevant. 

I'm tired of having to meet a certain standard to feel safe walking down the street, white, straight, and male. I have so much less opportunities because I don't meet all three. I want to be a lawyer but what will the jury think when they see me. Short hair, not wearing “professional” pencil skirts and heels, because I feel more powerful in pants. Don't call me a fake femminist because I cut my hair, or because I don't wear dresses. I know feminists that feel just as powerful like that. 

I'm tired of our oppressors pretending to be oppressed

Don't play the victim in a problem you created, it's like putting you hand in a fire, but then complaining when it burns. You don't need a trophy for being privileged. 

I'm tired of all the victim shaming 

I doesnt matter what she was wearing, it doesn't matter if she didn't say the word no. It matters that she did not say yes. Our right for our bodies is not up for debate. If it's not all men, then why aren't the “good” men trying to help. 

I'm tired of the snowflakes who think something that is not outside a woman’s body is a person. 

It does not matter what your religion says, because it is just that. Your religion. So don't tell me what to do with my body or what could grow inside of me. 

I'm tired of our leaders refusing to ban assault weapons even though children are dying in schools

Mass shootings are becoming as regular as an addict smoking a cigarette so why is no one trying to stop either. No hunter needs an assault rifle. The second amendment is killing kids, but our lawmakers are too old to care. 

I'm tired.

But I will not sleep

I'm Tired