Future Graduates | Teen Ink

Future Graduates

By KaiTrammell PLATINUM, Highwood, Montana
KaiTrammell PLATINUM, Highwood, Montana

"The truth as always resists simplicity" John Green

Grime scented perfume reeks when spritzed upon the cold dead bodies of the very much alive students. So of course, the hallways reel. Wandering down the hallways, zombies walk brain dead passing classrooms, most of us like to call hell. Lunchrooms filled with poison, gyms filled with snakes and classrooms cluttered with the deteriorating brains of “future graduates.” Now the zombies aren’t walking, they're running. Faster, Faster. Trying to keep up. Falling behind. Being crushed by the heavy weights of 4.0. Will we ever escape? And when we do, will we forever be zombies? Some will undoubtedly be zombies. Others could change, just maybe, only if they puke up all the poison, heal from the wounds of the snakes and pick up our deteriorating brains from up off the floor.

I really love this. I wrote it awhile back, I was in a burnout slump and all I could think about was how much people really don't care about this next generation, or the "Future Graduates." We've been thrown out on our asses with no help or direction and because of that most of us will be zombies forever.