No More | Teen Ink

No More

May 2, 2023
By hdrider89 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
hdrider89 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
11 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE I AM! -Pete Weber


No More privacy. 

You know that big brother is watching you and anytime, anyplace, anything, he knows. 

You can only watch as everything you want kept hidden slips between your fingers into the public domain.

I can’t live in the fog anymore, because it has all been revealed.

No More going to your favorite coffee place without him knowing. 

It is an outrage that data is selling our detailed location data to law enforcement agencies around the country.

It violates the Fourth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, which protects against unreasonable search and seizure.

No More praying what you want to, you’ve become the prey of brother. 

What do you get for pretending the dangers not real?

                                                                      Nothing. 

You just get a surprise, A look of terminal shock in your eyes Now things are really what they seem No, this is not a bad dream. 

After all, ignorance is strength. 

And now you do what they told ya. No More being you, only one collective whole. No More, No More, No More.


The author's comments:

It's for the Pulitzer Center. With Lines from Senators Push To Reform Police’s Cell Phone Tracking Tools by Jason Dearan and Garance Burke, a Pulitzer Center article.