Gratitude Essay | Teen Ink

Gratitude Essay

By TrenT49 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
TrenT49 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin

Dear mama
I want to thank you for the amazing job you've done the last 16 years with me. With it about to turn seventeen, I figure I should point out all of the ways you have helped me out throughout the years. From supporting me on my athletic endeavors, on the good and bad days, to always complimenting my art pieces, even when my characters look like lego blocks. Whenever I had a rainy day, you would alway be my sunshine. From being there for me when I was at my lowest lows, I appreciate how you always wanted me to succeed and find purpose in life. To be honest though, one of the main reasons is the unconditional love you’ve shown me since the day I was born. Whatever I got into, you always supported me, and tried your best to make sure I go down the right path in life.You gave up your own free time to help raise me and my brother. Throughout my life, you were like my guardian angel.
I know I can never pay you back, but my plan is for you to understand.
You are appreciated.

I wrote it about my mom because I felt like she helped me the most out in life and for that, I am forever grateful.