Runaway Angel | Teen Ink

Runaway Angel

By The_Girl_Next_Door PLATINUM, Elkins, Arkansas
The_Girl_Next_Door PLATINUM, Elkins, Arkansas

~*The mind has but a thousand eyes, and the heart is left with one...Yet the light of a whole life dies the moment love is done.*~

Do you see her?
Do you see this broken soul? She's running. She's running far away.
Oh look. She's only halfway gone and it's already started raining...But don't worry. This is good.
The rain makes it harder to see the salty tears streaming down from her eyes. She's just glad to be leaving everything behind. It shouldn't matter though...Her heart is unable to feel anything now...It's like a big black hole.
The wings on her back are drooping and soaked. The halo above her head is no longer filled with light and love...It's just a gloomy symbol of her pain...
She's got nothing but blackened eyes full of salty tears...
You were everything to her! You were her last hope! You were her last chance at happiness!
Why did you have to go?...
Look at her...So fragile...So innocent...And to think...All she ever did was love you...
What's this?....She's laying down to rest...She's no longer running. Her heart is beating slower as the rain falls faster...Well I guess this is it...No one (Not even you) can hear her cries now...
She only wanted your love... Now she only wants to die...
And finally, she lets go of it all...She isn't scared...In fact: She's releaved. This soul is free.
Now she's nothing more than a runaway angel...