Together We Are Alone | Teen Ink

Together We Are Alone

By Naomi_andrea BRONZE, Henderson, Nevada
Naomi_andrea BRONZE, Henderson, Nevada

"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."- Oscar Wilde

After a while you learn that with every fake smile you can fool the world, and with every stumble you learn to cover up with the grace of a woman. That even the beating of a pulse can learn to taunt you. So you block it out, all of it. And that taunting pulse soon becomes a barely audible thud. After a while you find that when it rains you feel like drowning and the sunshine only burns. So we wait, we wait for redmption, for hope, for love, for lust. And the most beautiful part? We all wait alone; together. So we will all walk alone together, but we will never fear. We will lock our eyes ahead for the promising tomorrow. For the clouds to open and remind us what it feels like to be alive.

Inspiration: I got no baby to love- Wild Sweet Orange.

Naomi_andrea BRONZE, Henderson, Nevada

Thank you so much, and I will!

Milo! said...
I really love this. I really like how everyone can relate to this. I hope you keep writing, because this is great. You should check out some of my stuff. I think you would like it.