Nick | Teen Ink

Nick

Nick

I.
Nick sits in his cubicle from 9:00 to 4:45 every day.
He calls at least fifty clients a day, puts in hundreds of orders, but never complains.
He files papers makes business calls and never complains.
He’s always dressed with clean, very well-ironed button up shirts of the brand name type, a color-coordinating tie, black or khaki pants that fit his body as if they were custom-made.
On his feet are black Italian leather shoes that look as expensive as a Van Gogh painting.
He sits at the computer occasionally checking if his family or his girlfriend has sent him an e-mail.
His boss comes around checking to see if he’s not fooling around because he is the youngest worker. He’s always bringing in new clients and sorting papers to earn his respect.
He is the hardest worker she knows.
When it is lunch time he eats his cheesy enchiladas while everyone else drools.
He tells a joke and the whole company starts laughing.

II.
As Nick gets into his white Nissan 350z he loosens his tie and looks in the mirror to see if his hair is still perfectly gelled.
He turns up his speakers that make the whole ground shake.
He listens to some gangsta-rap like Tupac or Biggie on his way out, but when he’s on the road he puts on the mixed CD his girlfriend gave him.
He listens to Britney Spears, Miley Cyrus, and the Jonas brothers.
He knows all the words and sings as loud as a Beatles concert.
He breaks the speed limit and cuts in between everyone he can.

III.
Nick walks up the stairs to the door in a quick rush.
The smile he gets when he sees his little brother is brighter than the sun in Mexico.
He gives his brother a big hug and then goes straight to his room.
He takes off the shirt and leaves his plain white Hanes tee on and changes into pajama pants and Nike sandals.
He helps his brother adding and subtracting.
He walks into the kitchen, takes out the ingredients for his Mexican recipe and starts cooking.
When the sun is gone and he has tucked in his little brother, he calls his girlfriend and thanks her for the mixed CD.
He then lays down on what he believes is a bed that is fit for a king and begins his prayers.
He thanks God for the life he lives.

morgan#1 said...
how do u come up with this stuff