Wedding Vows | Teen Ink

Wedding Vows

By AshleyEWong PLATINUM, Brooklyn, New York
AshleyEWong PLATINUM, Brooklyn, New York

I promise to be physically and mentally beside you, I would be more loyal to you than the crimson hue that embodies a rose. Even when all the petals turn reddish-brown and fall to the freshly cut grass one by one, my love for you will only germinate. When you fall ill, I will take your temperature and nurse to health, as a wilted bud quenches its thirst by absorbing the rain water through its roots. I will serve as your protection and shelter you from rain, hail, sleet, snow, earthquakes, mudslides, tsunamis, typhoons, avalanches, hurricanes, volcanoes, or whatever may come our way. If hardship shall arise within our marriage of love, it shall serve solely as tests and I will dedicate to our careers hard work and motivation so that we could be financially stable to support each other and the future products of our love. But, we would always place our marriage and not occupations as our first and foremost. We will watch our precious self- clones grow up and experience the wonders and the darkness of the world (as we have). I vow to show reverence to your parents and realize that along with you, I now assume the responsibility of their well-being and hope the same vice versa. I take this last moment before we officially share the same haven to tell you I would always be your best friend!

This was just an assignment from school, but I decided that when I was done I liked the way it sounded (although a bit exaggerated, it was creative).