Love life | Teen Ink

Love life

Shame on Me I'm sorry for the times that I have lied, I'm sorry for the fact that you think i don't try, I'm sorry that you will never know, Know that you are more precious to me than a thousand pearls, and that you're the best thing in my world, I'm sorry that I really never understood, Understood why to you I was never good, I'm sorry for the times when i was young, I'm sorry for not focusing and having too much fun, I'm sorry that it all never got to me, But now i know I'm guilty and here's my plea: I understand that you've always wanted me to be, The best that I could be, Even thought I'll never be that good, But you should know that if I could I would, And that's just a shame on me, And that's just a shame on me, And that's just a shame on me, I said that's just a shame on me, It's just a shame on me, I'm sorry for the latest crime that I can't name, Sorry for the hurt, confusion and shame, Sorry that you'll never see me the same, Sorry that i let myself so low, Sorry for trying to hide it so you would never know, Sorry for the tears and hitting you with such a hard case, SOrry for the pain and I wasn't in place, To be hte reason why you had tears running down your face, I'm sorry for all the time you wasted on me, I'm sorry I didn't turn out the wa I should be, I'm sorry for getting my head in all the wrong things, Sorry for the times I had too many flings, Sorry for that I worried more about boys than books, Sorry that I got too wrapped up in my looks, I'm sorry for the hardships, hate and sorrows, Sorry i couldn't see it that you were trying to help me for a better tomorrow, I'm sorry for trying to act so grown, And I'm sorry for thinking I could make it out there on my own, I understand that you've always wanted me to be, The best that I could be, Even thought I'll never be that good, But you should know that if I could I would, And that's just a shame on me, And that's just a shame on me, And that's just a shame on me, I said that's just a shame on me, It's just a shame on me, I'm sorry for the times that you'd try to talk to me, But i would only slam my door and scream, Scream and tell you to leave me alone, Sorry that I wasn't smart enough to realize, Tht my life would be nothing without you by my side, And the thing that i'll remember everyday, Is that all the pain I've dealt will never go away, I understand that you've always wanted me to be, The best that I could be, Even thought I'll never be that good, But you should know that if I could I would, And that's just a shame on me, And that's just a shame on me, And that's just a shame on me, I said that's just a shame on me, It's just a shame on me. This poem is dedicated to my parents who have gone through hell with me just so I could have the best life, I would like to thank them and let them know that one day I will make it and repay them for giving me my life, I love you both though I don't show it...please forgive me...and thank you..for everything.

bbdashzerl said...
you should be more original when you create your own "poetry?" But that is a good song.