You Only See Yourself | Teen Ink

You Only See Yourself

November 4, 2010
By MariaDavis PLATINUM, Waynesville OH, Ohio
MariaDavis PLATINUM, Waynesville OH, Ohio
29 articles 1 photo 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
you can lead a horse, but you can't make it drink, but you can lead the horse and not make it drink.
if horses were wishes beggars would ride, hell i would too (I do).
Don't give up.


You Only See Yourself
I try to touch you, try to get near you, but you shy away.
You look at the sky, and I wonder why. You only see yourself in the mirror you hide.
You get closer, but you blur it out, with your breath. Every day I watch you, and every day you stare at yourself.

One day I took you out, to see the lake, you looked down, and saw your face.
I knew that you where looking at yourself. I got closer, and tried to see, but all I could see was the blue sky, as my face. I splash the water, and made it swirl, but all you see it as, is your reflection disappearing. You shove me and push me, yelling and screaming your furry out.

You have calmed down, but I see you, looking around. Sometimes I wonder if you can see the colors of the rainbow, or the colors of the clouds. I ask “What do you see?” And all you’ll say is “I see black.” I think to my self, before answering back. “Can you see white?”


The author's comments:
Had a friend, that just looked at her self...