Live Alive | Teen Ink

Live Alive

By Emma.H.96 DIAMOND, Kalamazoo, Michigan
Emma.H.96 DIAMOND, Kalamazoo, Michigan

You own everything that happened to you. Tell your stories. If people wanted you to write warmly about them, they should've behaved better. -Anne Lamott, from Bird by Bird: Some Instructions on Writing and Life.

How many dawns will the sun begin to rise, if your focus is with your mind and not with your eyes?
See the world around you, each colored leaf, think not with what you are told but with what you believe
With each new day comes a new perspective, cover all your mistakes with the faith you’ve collected
Listen child, for the moon does not rise on wish, the eagle does not fly only to catch the fish
And the love you feel is not only attraction, it’s the pain you share which makes it only a fraction
Do not be afraid of what you have learned, for the wheel of life does not only have to be turned
Wash your feet and the end of each day, live your life to the fullest and love the commitment you say
I’ll be with you right on your shoulder, because the burdens you carry are as heavy as a boulder
The light does not only seek those in the dark, but those who do not know how to make their mark

aspiringauthor_ BRONZE, Fairfield, Connecticut

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness, only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that." - MLK Jr.

Wow! That was really good, not to mention meaningful. I also really liked the rhyme scheme. :)