Reach for the Stars | Teen Ink

Reach for the Stars

January 26, 2012
By MariaDavis PLATINUM, Waynesville OH, Ohio
MariaDavis PLATINUM, Waynesville OH, Ohio
29 articles 1 photo 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
you can lead a horse, but you can't make it drink, but you can lead the horse and not make it drink.
if horses were wishes beggars would ride, hell i would too (I do).
Don't give up.


Reach for the stars I whisper at night.






















Reach for the stars a kid tells his dad.






















Reach for the stars a mom encourages her child.

We all try to reach the stars, but I can tell you now that it’s hard.














Yet we never give up, we just keep on reaching, across planes, and money problems, across words and promises.
Worries and doubt are nothing to us. Hope and wishes are what inspire us to keep reaching. We are encouraged, we are taught to believe that anything and everything is possible.
But there’s always a yet. When we’re reaching for the stars, sometimes a planet gets in our way, a planet that seems three thousand times bigger than the moon, bigger than us. The yet doesn’t have to be that, it could be a yet of “yet we are still trying”.

If we want to reach the moon, why can’t we? We reach for the stars so we can glow just like them; we reach for them because they hold our wishes. A shooting star, we also make a wish on that, so that the shooting star that fell, and has been seen by thousands, whom may or may not have wished upon that very same star that has fallen, perhaps it may have been the very same one that we already wished on while it was still in the sky. We need shooting stars as a reminder of the wishes we have already wished upon in this fallen star, or the one still on the sky.
If life was not a thing for wishing, and we had nothing to wish it on, what would life be like? Wishes are like our dreams, our hope…our ideas.
(I guess this poem I was seeking to write now seems more like a speech, even to me, and I would think also to others. I also do think that this should be a comment instead than.)
Reach for the stars, the stars whisper reminding you.