Tempting Light | Teen Ink

Tempting Light

By RyanM. PLATINUM, Klamath Falls, Oregon
RyanM. PLATINUM, Klamath Falls, Oregon

"Those who deny the darkness in their hearts, are the ones who fall deeper into it."

With me things go wrong
Will I ever learn to stay true
I know I’m strong willed
The thing I constantly hear
Is a beautiful siren song

EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia

To love is to be vulnerable; Triumph is born out of struggle; We notice shadows most when they stand alone in the midst of overwhelming light.

Ok. I still think that your poems are still facing the dark side, but before, you told me two phrases that showed me a little bit of your world, and this poem showed me a little bit more of your world. That's all I had to say, I guess being honest. And you're welcome. Thank you, for understanding. 

RyanM. PLATINUM, Klamath Falls, Oregon

I want you to be honest, so be honest. And thanks for all your comments and the same happened with my parents. So I understand how you feel.

I used to feel, things always went wrong for me and for the others I cared for. My parents are divorced and I thought it was all my fault that things went wrong, that they divorced. I guess sometimes, all you can hear is the siren song. Your poem is amazingly written, but if you want me to be honest...just tell me if you want me to be honest, when you reply back to this, if you do reply back. Thank you for sharing your heart.