Alone Again | Teen Ink

Alone Again

By storyteller SILVER, Bedford, New Hampshire
storyteller SILVER, Bedford, New Hampshire

Twisting and curling,
Like a strand of hair on a pencil,
You wrapped me tight
Until I snapped.

Like a surfer and a wave,
You pushed me forward encouragingly,
And then crushed me,
Forced me down until I hit rock bottom.

You led me into a world of Hate,
Disguised it as Friendship,
Masked it with lies,
And fake smiles.

I trusted you,
Confided in you,
Confessed to you.
Never again.

I am tired of your nastiness;
Your craving of cruelty.
I am done putting up with everything;
I would rather be alone than with you.

artist-on-the-loose BRONZE, Francestown, New Hampshire
1 article 1 photo 4 comments

"Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul" -Emily Dickinson
(beautiful, don't you think? :) )

Hi Christina, I recently put one of my pictures on Teen Ink. I was looking through the photo galleries when I found an interesting picture. Then I saw the photographer's name: a one Christina G., of Bedford, NH.

I nearly hyperventilated on the spot. Want to know why? I knew a Christina G. She was my age and went to a Goffstown Catholic school. She was a very good artist and friends with a girl named Gabby. I'm pretty sure you are the same Christina. Am I correct?

On a more related note, I am very impressed by your poem. I know everyone else said this, but I have to repeat: beautiful metaphors, and my personal favorite lines are You led me into a world of Hate/Disguised it as Friendship. That can be too true sometimes. I just hope I'm not the person you wrote about!

Don't worry, I'm not a stalker, merely a person with access to the Internet. :)

Hope you see this and hope I'm right because this message will look so idiotic if I'm not.

Either way, keep writing!

Brigette said...
Hi Christina. Loved your poem. The metaphors are aamazing. Favorite line.. "Your craving of cruelty."

kaykay said...
Like you said, I love it! Its really intense and full emotion, yet short and simple to the point. It brings the reader forward, then pushes them back like wave.

And thanx for the suggestion, and I'll try it out, and if my "guinea pigs" like it, then I'll post it. :)

Safire L said...
Like a surfer and a wave, You pushed me forward encouragingly, And then crushed me, Forced me down until I hit rock bottom. My favorite part. I really love the metaphors :)

EveryMan said...
christina, i used to live in NH, did u go to wilkins elementry school? btw excellent poem.

mikea said...
Great poem. And if true, I wouldn't want to be the person that inspired it.

jimgris said...
on Sep. 18 2008 at 8:28 am
Christina ... really excellent poem. Very strong. Stand up for yourself. :)

Auntie lily said...
Such a powerful poem! You have expressed your emotions so clearly and have shown such strength of character.

RCD said...
Wow. I felt this way once about a former friend but could never have expressed it so simply yet so powerfully.

beachgirl said...
WOW! This is powerful!

grandpa g said...
Lovely Lady Christina, Your poem and writing is very good. A good job in taking a negative position into a positive and being firm in that you will NOT BE USED.

Jyllian said...
Wow - Love your poem! It is so true of the way we treat each other and the way we feel because of it. I'm very impressed!