See you soon! | Teen Ink

See you soon!

By TheComet PLATINUM, Mostaganem, Other
TheComet PLATINUM, Mostaganem, Other

"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret" -Ambrose Bierce
" Be yourself! Everybody else is already taken ;)"
"Don't go where the path leads you. Go instead where there's no path and leave a trail ;)"-R.W.Emerson

An other year goes by.
Here comes a Goodbye.

Try hard to hold it inside.
But fooled me and ran outside.

Rolling down my cheeks.
Without a sound my heart weeps.

Time is on a rush.
Seems as it's only been a moment.
A moment away from the commencement.

Memories left to remember.
We stood up against the universe stronger than ever.

Made up our own world.
We laughed over the same things.
We cried the same tears.
We loved with high degrees.

We talked the same words.
We walked down the same roads.
We smiled for the same goal.

Now it's time to go.
Hard as saying for the first time Hello.

To God I deeply pray.
We will meet again one fine day.
Together forever we will stay.
Twns until the end of all day.

P.S: No Goodbyes! Only See you soon ^_^

My twin! My Shinigami! She inspired me to write this poem. We know each other for only a year but it feels like I know her for way much longer.
The message I wanna share is that saying goodbye is so hard, as much as saying hello for the first time.
When someone enters your life, anyone no matter who, there's a trace left behind. When time comes to say goodbye, you're so afraid of letting go. Afraid if what you had between you, that special thing that made you one of a kind, will fade away with everyday spent far away from each other. This person has affected your life in a way that you even don't understand. So I have to say that no matter the distance between you, the memories you made together will always be engraved in your mind and safe in your heart. The heart is a deep ocean of feelings, not anyone can reach it. So yes, it is safe in your heart.
No matter the distance between you, what you had is so strong that there will always be a connection somehow.

TheComet PLATINUM, Mostaganem, Other

Thank you I so appreciate your opinion ^_^ It means a lot to me that you can relate to my poem and in someway drew a smile on your face...that is my beggest goal when I write poems. Thanks a gain so much :)

kennedyshine PLATINUM, Corte Madera, California

The perpetual pursuit for an unattainable freedom

This is so sweet and puts a bit of positivity on the ends of things, and the little message at the end, So sweet, so relatable, it just turns up the corners of my mouth when I read it. :)

TheComet PLATINUM, Mostaganem, Other

Thanks for the comment. Concerning the author's comment I kinda talked generally about saying goodbye to a special, so that everyone can relate to this in some way. But in the actual piece which is my poem I talked about my situation specifically, I described my special moment of saying goodbye. So I hope now u get it BUt I'll surely take your advice in consideration. Thanks again for the support

Beautiful_Abomination-16 GOLD, Bend , Oregon

I am lost in all the darkness of my sins, but your love is what lights my path, the whole way through all of it

it is very beautiful I like it very much so it has been a lot of meanings and it is true you should never say goodbye because goodbye means forever just say see you soon see you later whatever

CreativeFreakkk DIAMOND, Spencer, Iowa

Stand up for what you believe in even if it means standing alone. -Andy Biersack
Sometimes you gotta fall before you can fly. -Kellin Quinn
You made me hate my own reflection. -Sleeping With Sirens

I like how you made it seem as though you were terrified of leaving and not being able to see them again.

Lucifer666 said...
Lucifer666, Hell, Other
This is a nice piece. I can't relate to it because of callousness. The author's note is what intrigued me more than the actual piece, I would have preferred you somehow correlated your author's not into the actual writing its self. Departing is, tough for most. See you soon, isn't a garuantee however. It's more of a soft goodbye. I enjoyed reading it, great job as aforementioned. I see potential keep writing.

Olivia-Atlet ELITE, Dardenne Prairie, Missouri

"To these the past hath its phantoms,
More real than solid earth;
And to these death does not mean decay,
But only another birth"
- Isabella Banks

awwww I loved this!! XD

EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia

To love is to be vulnerable; Triumph is born out of struggle; We notice shadows most when they stand alone in the midst of overwhelming light.

Lol! It's fine ^_^ that is so funny, becuase I've only known my friend for less than year, and my friend is a really great friend. I'm really scared, but i think i'll make it somehow. and you're right, true friendship truly lasts. i love what the person said to you, i guess i really care for my friend so much, that lol, i didn't i know i could care that much. thank you, so much! ^_^

HayatC. PLATINUM, Louisville, Kentucky

"Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one."

Aww, this is so touching. I really loved it and your rhyme scheme kept me moving smoothly through the entire poem. Great Job!

TheComet PLATINUM, Mostaganem, Other

LOL! Read your mind?! I'd say we're pretty much the same, cuz I visited your home page and I noticed that we have quit a lot of commun ^_^ About your friends, I can feel how you're scared but I really do believe that a real friendship no matter how long the distance or the time spent together, I do believe it gets stronger day by day "Real FriendShip!" You know what? someone someday told me :"Risking your life for someone special to you, That's real friendship!" I didn't really get him but time passed by and it brought me the most wonderful and precious friend that we can ever ask for. It's actually the one I'm talking about on this poem and the surprising thing is that I only know her for less than a year!... Sorry if it is too much ^_^

I don't know, if you've been reading my mind or what. (joking! but it seems like it!) i've been thinking of saying goodbyes, and how I hate them. The reason why I said you've been reading my mind is because my friend is turning 16 this year and next year my friend is turning 17, and I'm worried that the connection we have will fade. And honestly, I'm scared. I love my friend too much, to say goodbye. Your poem is great! I love it. Thank you, for sharing this, and for being able to put the feeling, I felt into your poem. I also, agree with Popcornjazz! Keep on writing! You're a wonderful writer, and by the way 5/5! Thank you!

TheComet PLATINUM, Mostaganem, Other

Thank you so much. I'll surely keep writing cuz it is actually my passion so...Thanks again I'd love if you'd like to read my other poems too and don't worry there's more coming ^_^

Popcornjazz SILVER, Gahana, Ohio

Live life while you can

Wow that was unexplainable ... it was an awesome poem keep on writing.