Post-it Notes That Talk Back. | Teen Ink

Post-it Notes That Talk Back.

By FeedTheBirds SILVER, San Diego, California
FeedTheBirds SILVER, San Diego, California

Left on a Classic Monday Morning to learn how to be human.

Pledged allegiance for which It stands to be American.

Swore on my Mother's Sturdy Headstone to save the world.

Left footprints on the wall because it rained again.

My refrigerator is a rectangular affair. It stores food on a technicality. Mostly it's shoved against the wall and lectures passerby on the correct lyrics to the Star Spangled Banner.

It's surprisingly liberal. The faucets - self described Heroic Conservatives - tried reasoning with It. Dec. 12, 2012 loomed, afterall. They slurred it into one phrase like that: afterall.

We tried to argue with the refrigerator once. Welfare is a necessary evil, the People need to be thrown a rope. "None of that s***cake pillface". Cussed like a Jerry Springer audience. Rhymed when it pleased.

On Tuesday the mail came. Brazil's last forest sprawled on the kitchen table. The fridge hollered "Waltzing Matilda" as the moment struck. It just picked up these things.

Friday the television got left on and serenaded the house with Lifetime. Had a field day.

Thanks for reading.

I wrote this 3 years ago during AP US History. Politics, Patriotism.

I think this poem was a result of my questioning the American lifestyle/mindset.

TheJust ELITE said...
TheJust ELITE, Ellenton, Florida

"I feel that a hero is somebody who will stand up for their values and what they believe in and that can take any form. People that have values and have thought them through rather than those who just do what they’re told."-Skandar Keynes

"When it’

Great poem! It got only 4 stars for the cuss word, but w/e....could you tell me what you're trying to say in this poem?