Mask | Teen Ink

Mask

By Jasmine11010 PLATINUM, Arkansas City, Kansas
Jasmine11010 PLATINUM, Arkansas City, Kansas

The mask I wear only covers haft my face. You can't see my eys the pain in them is to deep I keep them hidden in fear of losin you in them the sparkle in my eyes is locked with my heart. been through too much pain had one to many hearbreaks. but im ready to open my eyes and let my heart decide. im i'm locked behind bars. only thing free is my voice you hear the words i say, they are as real as it gets the sadmess in my voice gose unheard. i learn to hid it. Only the one who truly cares can hear it. they hold the key to ulock my happiness and heart.

What inspired to write this is a boy asked me if i draw and i said no just write bt i would draw him something. i was sittin in my room goin over some pass work in did in school and saw a mask i thought about my life and how i feel and i felt like i was hiding behind a mask and not showing the true me because of all the pain i went through. so thats when i started writing i took out stuff added stuff till i got this and i read it over and over and it really did sound like my life.