Bed of Thorns | Teen Ink

Bed of Thorns

By albinotiger GOLD, Gloucester, Massachusetts
albinotiger GOLD, Gloucester, Massachusetts

"Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win"- Stephen King
“In life, unlike chess, the game continues after checkmate”- Isaac Asimov

Warmth bounds me to the blankets
Comport grips me to the sheets
The pillow imprisons my screaming head
As my eyelids collapse
I am at mercy to my bed

Mind foggy as a crystal ball
Demons and devils sense to know all
My skull cracking from pressure and blaze
To give up means to death I fall

My eyes awake
Tears poisoned but alive
Demons laugh echo from every wall
Cant do any damage unless inside
Next time they whisper bloody murder in my ear
I’ll be sound asleep welcoming them to my fears

I woke up from a nightmare one night and immediately wrote this down. It makes the nightmare seem real even when I'm wide awake.

villain123 said...
villain123, Bridgewater, New Jersey

"I'm okay with war as long as nobody gets hurt."

I like how in the first verse you combine good things like "comfort" and "warmth" with harsher imagery.

annie.j02 GOLD said...
annie.j02 GOLD, Elverson, Pennsylvania

“Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine, and at last, you create what you will” – George Bernard Shaw

Im not writing this comment because u wrote a comment on mine but I LOVE THIS. This is what I personally like to write about and and AND this is amazing. U should be so proud

annie.j02 GOLD said...
annie.j02 GOLD, Elverson, Pennsylvania

LoveAndHateMakeLife GOLD, Tulsa, Oklahoma

"If life ain't just a joke, then why am I laughing?!"

Wow. Happy I looked into you, quite impressive. 0_o Mental image is AMAZING, word choice and flow is flawless... Amazing

Ashleyy1213 GOLD, CHICAGO, Illinois

Life is the art of drawling, without an eraser.

nicee. its really good.

nakubara PLATINUM, Belvidere, New Jersey

Everything you do in life is insignificant, but its important you do it anyway ~Ghandi

Awesome,evil,really good job. I love your poems.

i wrote about a nightmare because it scared the crap out of me and with those feeling i created a poem! THANKS so much 4 the comments everyone!! :)

DanielM SILVER said...
DanielM SILVER, Kent, Washington

"I would rather hated million times for what i did then loved a million times for what i didn't do." - Daniel Moto
" I've sought out to be the best i could posibly be but when i hit a roadblock in life what did i do, i had two choices either stay at the roadblock or i take this roadblock and make of it and go around it and achieve my goal. So, what will it be?"- Daniel Mathia

"People take love like its a four letter word or just a phrase that you tell people or your friends all the time. But in reality love is much bigger than a merely phrase or 4 letter word. Instead love is a genuine promise or covenant to that special person."-Daniel Mathia

“Why change yourself when you were made perfect and wonderfully by the creator of everything?” – Daniel Mathia

“If live is not hurtin then were really not living in.” – B. Reith

I really like this poem. Especially the line....the pillow imprisons me with my screaming head. Awesome imagery and line. Suggestion: why did you.write poem about a nightmare?

.king. SILVER said...
.king. SILVER, Yeux Bien Tres Bien, Other

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

"Demons laugh echo from every wall" Very Evil XDDD, Yes I believe, Demons bring you the nightmare.

damsel SILVER said...
damsel SILVER, Mumbai, Other

Mit guten willen kann man alles machen. ( means... with gud will, one can do anything)

man...i can never write like you...ur poems rock~!!!! perfect!!!!!!!!!!!

spudbud GOLD said...
spudbud GOLD, Newton, Kansas

"Where is the wise man? Where is the scholar? Have they not been made such a fool in their squalor?

For they desired a sign and sought for the wise

When the precursor of life was right in front of their eyes" - Wolves at the Gate

Yeah I agree. Excellent word choice! It's not too long, or too short. You've captured a nightmare quite well. 5/5

kindlegirl GOLD, Iberia, Missouri

signing off as usual kindlegirl

Great idea, esspecially when we all have nightmare's we fear. Thank's for that thought and keep writing

iCheeto PLATINUM, Cape Coral, Florida
This is great.  It really captured the fear and pain of a bad dream, and it's eery enough to make the dream seem real.  It makes teh reader feel afraid, nice job :)