Cast me to the Wind | Teen Ink

Cast me to the Wind

By WolvesRain ELITE, Walton, Kentucky
WolvesRain ELITE, Walton, Kentucky

"Every secret of a writer's soul, every experience of his life, every quality of his mind, is written large in his works." Virginia Wolf

Everyday pain is measured,
Measured by my tears,
Measured by my fears.
It tells me my mood for the day,
And how I will react.
Like chains they captured me,
Who?
The demons.
They’re everywhere,
Serving the devil,
Finding new recruits,
But I want to be free.
Free as the wind,
Free free,
How I want to be free.

Life can be beautiful but it can also be dark and dangerous, full of mistakes and lies but all we want is to be free from it all. Please comment!

WolvesRain ELITE, Walton, Kentucky

You are a great person and I hope you know that.

Lydiaq ELITE said...
Lydiaq ELITE, Somonauk, Illinois

The universe must be a teenage girl. So much darkness, so many stars.
--me

I know.
On Monday I heard suddenly that a loved one of mine died of covid-19, and these days have been consumed by my shock, grief, and depression.
I had never felt such sorrow until now, even though I'd lost both grandparents before, nearly lost my dad, and had a brother move into a group home. I guess I used to want to simply break free of everything, but sorrow has two sides: it hurts like heck, but it is also makes you kind and strong and empathetic. When the greater pain of someone else inevitably makes me feel guilty for not having it as bad in life, I must remember that all the demons lies and mistakes don't mean anything in the end--how you rose above with dignity and grace and kindness, That's what matters.