Dear God: Where are you? | Teen Ink

Dear God: Where are you?

By WolvesRain ELITE, Walton, Kentucky
WolvesRain ELITE, Walton, Kentucky

"Every secret of a writer's soul, every experience of his life, every quality of his mind, is written large in his works." Virginia Wolf

Dear Diary,
What do you do, 
When God won't show himself,
To you? 
I write or run,
Lounge in the sun, 
Or day-dream,
About the one.
He seems so far,
Yet they say,
He’s near.
I need to know,
I’m not alone,
God lend me an ear!
Help. Help. Help.

This is showing you how some are like me and feel that God is so far away and yet others say he is near. What do people like us do? We wait. Please comment!

WolvesRain ELITE, Walton, Kentucky

Thanks so much

Lydiaq ELITE said...
Lydiaq ELITE, Somonauk, Illinois

The universe must be a teenage girl. So much darkness, so many stars.
--me

"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness." It may sound like I just copied and pasted a Bible verse from the internet, but it is true. If you asked for forgiveness, you don't need to ask again. God is near the brokenhearted. (Sorry, but I did kind of copy and paste from the internet...but only the stuff in quotes.)

WolvesRain ELITE, Walton, Kentucky

Yeah but to be honest, sometimes I feel that maybe I sinned to much and I don't have God anymore. It hurts when I feel that way.

Lydiaq ELITE said...
Lydiaq ELITE, Somonauk, Illinois

--me

I can't count how many desperate prayers I've made. I know that they are heard, and God will answer one day. You're not alone. Desperation is all over the Bible, in fact--Psalm 13, for instance. "How long, oh Lord?"
When you're looking for answers now, sometimes all you get is the strength to get through one more day, one more hour. It's a hard fact of life, but that's what I've found.