The Person I Want To Be | Teen Ink

The Person I Want To Be

May 21, 2022
By httpshaylee GOLD, Arvada, Colorado
httpshaylee GOLD, Arvada, Colorado
18 articles 21 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Even a broken clock is right twice a day"


You know those people that everyone just seems to love?

The ones who are the mere mention of their name can light up a room full of people.

The ones who seem to have a connection with every single person they have ever encountered.

I want to be one of those people.

I want a beaming smile to fill the faces of everyone when they talk about me. 

For every single person to hear my name and immediately recall all the fond memories they have involving me.

I want the only bad thing anyone could ever say about me is that they don’t see me or talk to me as much as they want.

I want people to mention me in conversations and say how much they enjoy my company.

How much they wish I was there with them at that very moment.

How much they wish they knew me sooner and how they would do anything to know me for the rest of time.

I want to hear my name from across the room and be greeted with only smiles and laughs. 

To see that the thought of me brings others joy.

To see that I have made a difference in the lives of many. To see that my presence on this Earth was enough to light up someone else's day.

You know those people who seem to have everything under control?

The ones who somehow thrive when others can barely keep themselves together.

The ones that never complain or huff or puff when things get difficult.

I want to be one of those people.

I want to tackle every obstacle that comes my way without even breaking a sweat. 

For happiness to be the only emotion to ever linger in my body with each given day.

I want to only cry tears of joy from my accomplishments, not from the sorrow of not feeling I’ve done enough.

I want to wake up each morning knowing the secret of how to make today better than the last.

How I can keep my head up no matter what is thrown at me.

How to keep a smile on my face even if things get difficult because I’m strong.

I want to be the person everyone admires for never giving up even when others do.

The person that everyone wants to be friends with because she seems to have all the answers.

The person that everyone knows and has nothing bad to say about.

You know those people that everyone just seems to love? I want to be one of those people.