[Not so] simple, [Not so] safe | Teen Ink

[Not so] simple, [Not so] safe

By -AlmostJuliett- BRONZE, Brookhaven, Mississippi
-AlmostJuliett- BRONZE, Brookhaven, Mississippi

i.
I still feel the way you wrapped your arms around me last night, still here you telling me that I don't need the drugs, but you do. Even if we hadn't talked in 6 months, this place takes us back to where we fell in love right outside these walls. I felt the familiar flight from our very first kiss imitated in our very last.

[[September 19:
I remembered why,
I wanted to be "Your Girl"]]

ii.
Bite my tongue because I know that I can't say the words. Baby, you're the reason that I breathe. Did you here the echo? When I said I needed you, There's never been another who could make me feel the way that you have. I felt super sonic static sparkle and explosions.

[[April 2008:
&&I fell in love
With you.]]

iii.
Touch me again, tell me that we can be together and everythings okay. You always thought that we were meant to be. You could change your indecisive mind though. Leave me guessing, pretend that I still know exactly who you are, but I already told you, you changed&&I did too.

[[Today:
I'm still waiting on you
Maybe you'll decide.]]

It's [[Not So]] simple.
It's [[Not So]] safe.

on Sep. 30 2009 at 8:50 am
Aro_To_The_Heart PLATINUM, Mandeville, Louisiana

Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than hands?

-Ernest Gaines.

Simply...amazing. Truly inspiring. Great job. A real piece of pure poetical artistry. ^_